Default carseat or booster for 4 yr. old?

DS will turn 4 in about a month. He is about 34 pounds, 39 1/2 inches right now I think.
    He's in a roundabout most of the time, and in my parents car a titan. He's already outgrowing the titan...and is very close to outgrowing the roundabout.
    We have a Dodge Caravan-not the grand caravan-just the regular-so there isn't a lot of room.
    What are the best booster seats and car seats for a 4 yr. old, and that fit in a smaller mini-van?

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: carseat or booster for 4 yr. old?

Look at the sunsine radian at albeebaby.com. It is a narrow seat tha goes to 49in and 65lbs. 179.00
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Thanks!
    Do you think the height/weight limits are realistic on the radian? (I've heard some of the height limits on other seats didn't work as long as they said they would)

Scatterbunny Guest

Most seats are outgrown by height before weight, that's just how it is. :)

My dd outgrew the Alpha Omega/3-in-1 at 38 inches tall, even though the height limit is 40 inches.

She was too tall for a Britax Marathon at 46 inches tall, even though the height limit is 49 inches tall.

The Radian allows an extra 6-12 months for most kids over the Marathon.

At his age, height and weight I'd most definitely keep him harnessed, though.