Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hoodedyank1 Guest

Default RE: Booster Seat or 5 pt. harness for tall skinny boy

Thanks again....will definetly do the parkway or monarch then. I've called all of our local stores of course no one carries the monarch yet to see it in person. May have to go with the parkway, I want to take my son with me & try it out. Ok going out side now to take out harness from cargo to give that a try for a few days. Then we make the purchase!!

If he does go into the booster do you have any suggestions for what to do on the plane? We travel a lot & don't like the idea of him not strapped into a carseat.

Think I'm becoming a little obsessed!!!

Jean :)

He's big enough to be just as safe as the rest of us in a plane's lapbelt. The parkway fits in a carseat bag, and you could check it or, better yet, bring it to the gate and gate-check it to make sure they give it right back to you. Or get a RideSafer Travel Vest and put it in your carryon bag (can't be used in the plane, but it's great for cars).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hoodedyank1 Guest

THanks again Julie for all the info. I just went everywhere & the only seat I could get anyway was the Parkway they don't have the Monarch in our stores yet. So I got it, I like to be able to go in a store & try my child in the seat & put in my car & know right away if it seems like it's going to work. That's the one bummer about ordering on-line, you have to just go on faith. Anyway I"m about to pick up my son from school we'll see how it works out. Now I"ve got to move my 3 yr old out of the roundabout & into the graco cargo. I did look at the omega apex I thought it was harnessed to 65 pounds but the flyer said only 40. So guess I'll stick with the cargo for him.

Thanks again.

Jean

I bet they just have a misprint for the Apex.. but I think the Parkway is fine, really :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hoodedyank1 Guest

Last question I promise. :)

So my other son just turned 3 but is big for his age he is 32 pounds & 40 inches. He is currently in the RA I've read that we should take him out when his ears are at the top of the seat. Well DS's ears are 1 inch below top but his head is over by about 2 inches. Is it time to switch him out?

Is the Graco Cargo safe as a window seat car seat? That is what his brother has used.

THanks.

Jean

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Last question I promise.

So my other son just turned 3 but is big for his age he is 32 pounds & 40 inches. He is currently in the RA I've read that we should take him out when his ears are at the top of the seat. Well DS's ears are 1 inch below top but his head is over by about 2 inches. Is it time to switch him out?

Is the Graco Cargo safe as a window seat car seat? That is what his brother has used.

THanks.

Jean

Hi, I don't know if your question was answered somewhere else or not but your 3yr old will outgrow the RA when one of the three following things happens:

He reaches the weight limit, or
    The tips of his ears go just past the top of the seat shell, or
    The tops of his shoulders go past the top harness slot (check under the cover to make sure).

When you say "window car seat" do you mean is it safe to put next the window? Your car doesn't have side airbags, correct? It is safe to put there but if you want additional Side Impact Protection (SIP) then you would need to get a car seat that has added SIP wings like the Britax Boulevard or Safeguard seat (www.safeguardseat.com) . I'm not familiar with other car seats that come with that additional head protection. All car seats do provide some head and neck protection though - but a few do have additional "wings" like the Blvd & Sg, with EPS or EPP (energy absorbing) foam, in them.

hth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2