Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: double stroller - Mountain Buggy

not trish but the main difference between the terrain and the Urban is the front swivel wheel! The Terrain has a stationary front wheel like a regular Jogging stroller..... the Urban has a front wheel that swivels, which makes manuvering in tight places a must,that can be locked into place if you wanted to use it like a jogger! Good Luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

LeslieCan1 Guest

Default RE: double stroller - Mountain Buggy

Also not Trish :) but wanted to say that if you check out the Mountian Buggy site (www.mountainbuggyusa.com) or e-mail them, you can find out all about any other differences between the Urban and the Terrain.

We bought the Terrain, and I understand that they are soon coming out with an adapter that will allow the Terrain's front wheel to swivel. I can't say that it's been a big problem -- the wheel may not exactly swivel, but we manage to turn it just fine anyway.

Good luck!

~Leslie

motherwarrick Guest

Default RE:

I have the MB double terrain and absolutely love it!! The canopy is actually large enough to keep the sun off the kiddos. I also have the additional sun cover and the rain cover. I live in the Pacific NW and have found the rain cover to be so effective that I take the buggy out in the pouring rain.

I have the carry cot that is additional for the double because I have a newborn and an almost 3 year old. You should see the gawks and comments I get from people. I feel like a salesperson for it = I get so many questions about it. Right from the very first glance at the carry cot on the double, people can tell this is one very well constructed stroller = I think I'll actually miss how cool the carrycot looks. I tried to use the buggy with both seats (cot off) for my now 4 month old, but found the cot to be better for me so I don't have to mess with the harness system until she is sitting up more. The seats recline fully on the recline seats (not quite as much with the hammock style of seats that are also avail.) = you can use the buggy very safely for a newborn without a carrycot. The additional sheepskin seat covers are extremely nice and comfy.

I have not found it to be any trouble at all to turn the double terrain. I just had Alan and Fiona visit me here in the NW (the USA distrubuters) and Alan said some people find the approx. 4 pound weight difference between the Urban and Terrain to be noticeable (the Terrain is lighter). I like the metal basket on my Terrain = the Urban doesn't have that. You would be amazed at how much bag weight you can hang off the handlebar before it even starts to feel a bit tippy. It's all a matter of choice. If you actually plan to run with the buggy, than the hammock style of seats are preferable, but I certainly can't imagine running with two!!! I just got back from a run and I think it's best to take off on your own and have some private time without the kiddos in tow.....

By the way, there's a new color coming out = it's a really neat smoky blue (so different from the standard navy). The canopies will also be revised so they will alott for more head room. You should contact Alan and Fiona at Mountainbuggyusa.com for more details, etc... The customer service is excellent.

A comment about lifting the Mountain buggy, it folds completely flat and is more like lifting an almost square flat item. I can get great leverage on it for lifting because it isn't terribly wide when flat. I am 5'2 and had a very difficult time lifting any of the tandem strollers (front to back) because they were so long. The fulcrum points when lifting the buggy make it so much easier for me to manauver.
    Hope this helps.....

Lilmiracles Guest

Default RE: combi twin savvy handle ned

Hello All,

I thought I would let you know that Combi has redesigned the notorious handle. I purchased one and LOVED it untill it broke.
    Just remember to ONLY purchase catalog # 7030, NOT the 7020. The "3"
    indicates the new design handlebar.

I LOVE my new one!!

ct Guest

Default RE:

This sounds like a dream!! I was really interested in the MB, except I didn't think there were carrycots for the doubles. I am due with #2 11/8 when DD will be 25mo, so am looking for a double that will fit my lifestyle. I really want a stroller that will allow my infant to be comfortable and thought I'd be stuck with a tandem. How does the carrycot work - does one of the seats come off and the carrycot attach onto the frame so that you have one seat and the carrycot? How do you use your MB double terrain? Do you use it outside only, or do you take it in the car and use it at the mall and other stores? I need something that I can fold and put in the car (actually van - Honda Odyssey) easily as I use my stroller as much indoors as outdoors (just walks, no jogging). Does it steer easily in stores, etc. - not too wide for isles and doors? Also, how do you find the baskets? Do they seem too small or are they good sized? Is there any sort of snack tray for the kids or parents (I don't think so, but thought I'd ask)? My DD really loves having a snack while shopping and the snack tray on my Graco has been a god-send, but we may have to learn to deal without. Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't heard of anyone with the carrycot option before. Glad to hear you love yours :)! Unfortunately I live in Michigan and the nearest place I can go to see one is Chicago (which is NOT going to happen) so I'll have to get all the info I can online. Thanks for your help!!

ct

motherwarrick Guest

Default Reply regarding the Mt. Buggy Terrain

Sorry for the late reply, I hope this finds you in time. I had to sign a liability release because someone actually installed the cot on incorrectly in the US. Well, I spoke with Alan (the US distrubuter) when he stopped by my house and said that you would have to be drunk to put it on incorrectly; he agreed. I signed the form anyway. The seat comes off quite easily and then the cot comes with an additional part that supplements the existing frame. The cot has a series of snaps and straps that attaches it to the frame very securely. I figured out how to do this all by myself when I was 9 months pregnant! We have a Mazda MPV minivan (very similar to the Honda, but you may actually still have room in the back), and depending upon where you put the kiddos (our son is in the middle, and my daughter is in the very back row), it's difficult to fold the Mtn. buggy down flat enough with the cot on to fit it in the back. Thus, I take it off each time and then fold the buggy completely flat and place the cot on top. I have gotten so good at taking the cot on and off that it's second nature. It is one more step. I think it's worth EVERY extra second. I tried to put Kalena in the seat without the cot (thought she would like to sit up too), but it was such a pain to deal with the straps when she fell asleep outside the stroller. I love being able to place her in the cot asleep without having to monkey around with straps. I use the cot at people's houses to sleep her in. My son is just 3 and likes to be in and out of the buggy anyway = most of the time I can place her in his seat when she is awake. The basket is metal and is DURABLE and can hold tons of stuff. I also hang a bag from the handle bar - the strap on my Eagle Creek bag can be adjusted to be quite long = very difficult to tip over. The buggy turns extremely well = much easier than my Peg Perego single carraige! I have no difficulties getting in and out of doors or around aisles. If there is a place that is difficult to manuever around, I pretty much assume it would be difficult with just about any other double since it is narrower than many side-by-sides and shorter from front to back than most single joggers. I use this buggy everywhere = it is my only double. Sometimes I think it would be easier to have a Maclaran double for mall outings (only with the cot situation), but then I think about just how much crap I can pack in the basket and on the handle........ No parent tray or snack tray, I did install a drink holder for it on the handle. I recommend getting the rain cover for the buggy. I also have the sheepskin seat covers = they are soooooo nice, even for the summer. I am even thinking about the sleeping bag type of thing for the winter for my baby. Email Alan and Fiona at MountainBuggyUSA for more details, they are so helpful and the customer service is excellent.
    Happy Buggy shopping and best wishes to you and your new one!

ct Guest

Default RE: Reply regarding the Mt. Buggy Terrain

That is kind of funny about the cot liability release! Thanks so much for your reply. I have been emailing Alan with many questions and he has recommended the Urban double for my situation. Just curious - any reason why you chose the Terrain over the Urban? Also, does your cot color match your stroller? Alan told me the cot was only going to be navy, but that it could be special ordered in other colors. Just curious. Thanks again for your response - I am almost certain I will be getting a MB. Just waiting for the catalog to help determine which model, color, and make the final decision on whether to get the cot or not (and any other accessories). Best wishes to you!!

ct

motherwarrick Guest

Hi, I'm glad you got in contact with Alan. My cot matches the buggy because it's navy blue as well; I would definitely like the two to match. Make sure you decide earlier on what side you want the cot to be on (it only takes a left or right sided cot) and get your older kiddo acclimated to the side opposite to the cot. My son adjusted very well and was very excited about establishing "his" side. I basically chose the Terrain because they hadn't come up with the Urban double yet. But now, I am very happy with my purchase. I am probably one of the worst pack-rats and the metal basket suits my needs better = tons of stuff is packed down there! I like the durability of the basket too. I'm only 5'2 and I think the extra pounds of the Urban would make a difference to me. If you're not a pack rat and taller, these concerns are probably irrelevant. You may absolutely love the swivel wheels. I haven't found the fixed wheels to be a problem, but... I could see how the swivel wheels would come in handy if you are indoors a lot. I mainly like less moving parts to deal with. My KoolStride single jogger had fixed wheels and so does my Peg Perego Carraige = I'm just used to that. I don't think the swivel wheels on the Urban should be any problem because they seem large enough to not over rotate or catch on pavement all of the time. Since you're not planning to run with the buggy (who in the right mind would want to run with two?!?!?), I would recommend the reclinable seats, rather than the hammock style - perhaps that is not an option with the Urban. It's all a matter of personal choice. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

ct Guest

Thanks again for all the info!!!

ct

mbutler Guest

Default RE: MB Carrycot

How long were you able to use the carrycot before your child outgrew it? Also, do you think it could be used next to the bed as a bassinet for the first few weeks after we bring our baby home? I would hate to buy the carrycot AND a bassinet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2