momof1 Guest

Default Bike seat for toddler

I have not been able to find any information on bike seats for toddlers. You know, the ones that attach right behind the seat of an adult bike. I want to be able to ride my bike around the neighborhood, but not use the trailer type. Does anybody have one or now of a brand they can reccommend?

KathyO Guest

Default RE: Bike seat for toddler

I did a lot of research before I bought mine, and the name that kept coming up from parents who ride a lot was the RhodeGear Limo (now retailing as the Copilot Limo, since Rhodegear got bought out). So I got one, and I really like it.

It's got good side protection for the passenger, plus good padding, and a solid (but padded) grab bar that swings up and out of the way when you want to put the child in/take them out. The footrests are adjustable by height, as is the shoulder portion of the harness. It snaps on and off easily, so you can leave it behind when you're riding solo, and if you buy an extra rack you can transfer it easily between bikes. It's a good, solid, piece of design.

Hope this helps,

KathyO

j_abdilla Guest

Default RE: Bike seat for toddler

I second that on the RhodeGear Limo...it's great. My son loves his and it's so much sturdier than a lot of the others available. I recommend spending the money to get this or one like it...the whole balancing act that's involved with having a 25 or 30 pound toddler on the back of your bike is significant. It's nice to know they're in a secure seat! It's also really easy to get the seat on and off the mounting rack.