Wendy Guest

Default Double Stroller - Peg Aria vs. Combi Twin

I'm due with baby #2 next spring (dd will be 2 1/2) and am starting to look at my double stroller options. I want a side-by-side, light weight, to be used mainly for malls and walks around the neighborhood. I can't use McClaren because it is too tall for me (I'm just under 5') and I HATE umbrella handles. I have a Combi Ultra Savvy single for dd that I have been pretty happy with. I want to check out the Combi Twin as well as the Peg Perego Aria twin, but neither is in stock anywhere! Has anyone compared these two strollers? I am leaning towards the Peg because it is lighter and there are issues with my Combi I am not crazy about. But unless I see them both it is a tough decision!

Advice anyone?
    Thanks,
    Wendy

Default RE: Double Stroller - Peg Aria vs. Combi Twin

I have the Aria single stroller and I really like it. So lightweight! This will be the double stroller I get when I have my second! There are a few Aria Twins on eBay right now - check them out!

Nicole
    Mom to Charlie (3/8/02)

Lilmiracles Guest

I LOVE my 7030 combi twin savvy. JUST remember to ONLY buy the 7030 series, not the 7020 or less series. The 7030 is the ONLY one with the redesigned handle that doesn't break. I LOVE MINE !!!!! IT goes EVERYWHERE and weighs less than my youngest baby. DONT forget the cqarrying strap for the shoulder~~~ it's great !!!!!!!!!!!

WORTH EVERY DIME !! :)

Linda Guest

I have seen both strollers at Buy Buy Baby. I have the Combi Twin Savvy (new model - 7030). It's my third one since the first two strollers had the broken handle so the last 2 strollers were replacements.

Things I liked:
    It folds compact and has the shoulder strap.
    It is still fairly light (the old one was lighter).
    My daughters like the cupholders.
    The canopy is now bigger so it keeps out the sun.
    It now was a 5 pt harness but it is not easy to adjust to the correct fit.
    Easy to steer with one hand.

Things I don't like:
    My first 2 strollers broke so I'm still nervous about this new model though my husband says that it is more solidly designed.
    Very small basket.
    The instruction manual is not too clear on how to remove the seats for washing.

You do need to go and test drive both strollers. We select our original stroller over the Maclaren because we found it easier to steer with one hand. Hope this helps.