Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Roni Guest

Default RE: Double Stroller Month!!

Thanks for all of your help! I wish I could see the Mountain Buggy in person. I had discounted it because of the price (I'm having a hard time convincing DH that we need a double) and the fact that it's not infant-seat compatible, but I don't think I used that feature that long w/ my first. Can you use the MBUD/MBTD for an infant w/out any of the accessories? Also, how long will my 3-year-old use the double?

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

some kids see the baby riding and want to ride other see it and say I am not a baby and want to walk!!! You never know! Does your older child still nap occasionally if you are out all day in the stroller say at an amusement park or the Zoo? If so then you want a double that will accomodate your toddler and your infant for a little while... the MB should do just that! The MB has enough of a recline for an infant and it you get one of those stroller fleece accessories it will be perfect... keeps baby comfortable, warm in wimter, cool in summer! I actually got my first look at a MBUD the other day... it was a couple with a set of infant twins... they looked VERY comfortable in the MB and the parents and grandparents seemed pleased manuvering through the crowds!!!! I would say that the double will make your life easier if you plan to go out with both kids alone!!!! I know my girlfriend couldn't live without her double with 2 kids under 3! I have a friend who's 5 year old still asks to ride if there is a seat available in a stroller when we're out at the Zoo etc.!!!! You can always plan to use 2 single strollers at first one for your toddler and one that will accomodate you infant seat.... when you are done with the infant seat then get the double!!! Good Luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

ginalc Guest

I would recommend using some sort of sunshade in the MBUD for the newborn. There's the Solarveil, or the Sunshade that MB sells. Check Baby Bargains Search board for more info on these sunshades.

I didn't get much use out of my infant carrier/seat with my babies either. I didn't like to leave them in the carrier when I was out and about because I don't think they provide much room for stretching on long outings. My kids always got so hot and sweaty in theirs too. I only wish that I had gotten my MBUD sooner. I could have gotten out of house MUCH earlier!

All of my children outgrew their infant carrier/seat by 4 months. My DS actually outgrew his by 3 months of age.

I bought 4 double strollers and found the MBUD to be the best. The others just can't even compare. It's kind of like comparing a Yugo to a brand new MiniVan. Both will get you there, just a HUGE improvement in ride and comfort (for mom and baby!). :)

gina, mom to 3

tylerr25 Guest

I was all set to buy the Baby Trend Sit and stand b/c it would accept my infant car seat when the salesgirl at The Right Start showed me that with the infant car seat in the front it made the back seat (where child number 2 would have to sit) incredibly cramped. This made me change and I ended up with the Peg Perego Aria side by side.

Good Luck!

Roni Guest

I ran into the same problem when I saw it in person. My dd liked the Jeep Wagoneer, but I think it's too big & too heavy for my purposes. I think Gina & others have talked me into the MBUD. Your feedback helps confirm my decision. I wish I could find something suitable that would take the carseat, but I do still have the Combi Ultra Savvy. Thanks!

SarahD Guest

Default Why some Century Smartfits work with Duoglider & some don't...

Older Century Smartfits will work in Duogliders I believe but not newer ones. Smartfits made in 99 or earlier will--I believe. This is also true of the Baby Caravan Lite strollers...they will not accept Smartfits made after 1999. I took my Century Smartfit (which was manufactured in 2001) to BRU and sure enough...there is NO way that carseat is fitting in the Duoglider at all. Just thought I'd pass along this info.

Sarah

Edited to add: I have a Century Smartfit Plus 22v to be exact

DagnyT Guest

Default RE: Why some Century Smartfits work with Duoglider & some don't...

Thanks for the heads up on how the different year SmartFits work, or don't! We have two, one we bought in '01 and one that was given to us by a friend and had been purchased some years earlier, the former is markedly larger than the latter. At this point I am tempted to forego the double, become proficient at using a sling or front carrier and put my nearly 2 year old in the stroller he has always used (a Combi), and which can be used for the carseat in case I am out with the new baby w/o my son! I would then consider getting a higher end double for when the new one is a little older depending on my older one's desire to ride in the stroller and how much use I think I would really get from it.

I would love to see a quality "car seat universal" stroller in the $225 to 325 range- there is such a gap b/w the low end and (what seems to me) to be the super high end.

Also thanks for throwing in the info on the Caravan- that would have been one of my next considerations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2