achace Guest

Default InStep Double Safari TT

Anyone know anything about the InStep Double Safari TT? I have seen a few positive reviews on the single and have just found the double on the InStep website. I am looking for a double stroller for walking to town, playground, etc. My children are 1 and 3 years old so I don't think I want to shell out the cash for a MB or other high-end stroller. I will not be jogging or doing any rugged terrain (other than my gravel driveway!) but I liked the idea of a jogger with a swivel front wheel as the Safari seems to have. I live overseas and can't check it out in the stores before I buy so I need to rely on the excellent opinions that are always offered here!

Thanks, Alison

Alicia Guest

Default RE: InStep Double Safari TT

I too am interested in this stroller. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old too!! Small world, huh?! I have a Kidco double umbrella stroller I use as my main "mode of transportation" since both my kids will still sit in the stroller. I was thinking that I would need something a little more heavy duty for this summer to take walks, go to the park, festivals, etc and checked out Instep's website a couple of months ago. At that time the Double Safari TT was not listed and I emailed them to see if they had any plans to make a double swivel jogger, since I cannot shell out the bucks for a MB. They were very helpful and said that the Safari was more of a all terain stroller not for the serious jogger. Also they said it would only be avaible online and that Schwinn will make a different version of it (different colors and fabric). Hopefully someone will buy one soon and give a review on it!! Hope my little bit of info helps you out a little!!

Alicia

sweetbasil Guest

Hi~
    Someone asked this in the Baby section of the forums, so I'm pretty much just repeating my experience in response to your question....

We got the InStep Safari TT *Single* Stroller at Mother's Day last year, and have been able to rollerblade, walk, and jog with DS in the stroller. DH has gone running (he's the athlete around here) while carting DS around, and enjoyed it to. The draw for me was also the swivel-front wheel, which was a lot easier to maneuver when rollerblading *and* going around corners. Probably the biggest drawback to it is (and this is pretty small) the cupholders are a little smaller than most cups/water bottles I use.

We didn't really look at many higher-priced jogging strollers, because I knew I'd probably be upgrading to a double jogging stroller within the next year or two, and as I'd never had one before, I wanted to spend a little less on my first go at it. I've liked it so much, I'm definitely going to test drive the Safari double and a few others....

HTH!

alison Guest

Default *Update * RE: InStep Double Safari TT

To update, I just bought a Mothercare Urban Detour Double Jogger (here in the UK) that is being sold in the US on ebay as the Safetech for $168. I have to say that it is a dream! Honestly, it practically drives itself! Although it is heavy and a bit wide, it steers wonderfully so I can venture through the shops and down aisles that I wouldn't have gone before with my other side-by-side. My only complaint is that the seats don't sit up enough so my 3 year old sometimes leans forward with no back support. But no complaints from him. Also, for such a big stroller, you'd think that there would be a huge, deep basket underneath, but it's just the normal size. I feel like I've got a new lease on life with the warm weather coming and new "wheels" to get around with. Anyway, check it on on ebay if you are in the market. Also there is a thread on the Baby Bargains board about it as well.
    Alison

klmnyc Guest

I see that this query is over a year old, but for anyone else checking into this stroller, we bought it a few months ago, and are extremely happy with it. Folds easily into the back of our Subaru Forrester, extremely easy to manuever, and our 3yo and 8 mo both seem comfy. My only complaint is that for a $250 stroller (list price - we payed $200) they could have thrown in a $12 rain cover!