Amye0401 Guest

Default best tricylce for 19 mos. old

My ds is very interested (um...make that determined) in riding a bike. He is quite small and I know would not be able to pedal himself, but I've seen the tricycles with the push bars. Can anyone make some brand recommendations?

Thanks!
    AmyE

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: best tricylce for 19 mos. old

I have been looking at these lately myself. My neighbors (who all have several kids ages 1 1/2 - 5) all swear by the Kettler tricycles. Here's a link: http://www.mytoybox.com/kettler.htm?source=overture

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

masetane Guest

I agree, I tried out sooo many tricycles. bought one and returned it and invested in the Kettler. It's fabulous and you simply MUST get that one!!! *grin*
    caroline

raynjen Guest

We have a 17 month old who is the same way. We bought her the Radio Flyer trike with the steerable pushing handle. She is small also (30", 21 pounds) and can't pedal, but she loves to be pushed around. This particular trike also had more of a bucket style seat that helps keep her fanny in place. I think it cost us $40 at TRU which is considerably less than the Kettlers. I know that a lot of people swear by them, but I couldn't justify the expense when she will want to move on to different things (big wheel, bikes, etc.) soon. Hope that helps.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)