carli8020 Guest

Default INSTEP Ultimate 10k- MY BABY CAN FALL OUT

My son is 16 months.
    He hates the jogging stroller. So he cries, then I see that he leans forward to get out of it, and the backrest moves forward with him, and then he can squirm right out, between the two vertical straps! The vertical straps are not clicked in to the center piece that's between his legs. Instead, they are looped to the waist straps, and easily slide left to right-- so as his body leans forward, in between the two straps, they slide right out of the way allowing him to fall through.

Why havent I read about this before? Is this stroller designed for only willing passengers? Also, what if the stroller hit a bad bump- Baby could suddenly lurch forward and out.

Please tell me how anyone else has coped with this? Buy Buy Baby won't take it back because it's not a defect.

Carli

Default RE: INSTEP Ultimate 10k- MY BABY CAN FALL OUT

I had the same problem develop with my son and this jogging stroller when he was about 16 months old. What I do now is cross the vertical straps across his chest and loop the left vertical strap into the right waist strap and the right vertical strap into the left waist strap before snapping them into the center piece. This keeps him strapped in. (This doesn't fix the problem with the backrest moving, but it hasn't been a problem for us.)

Of course, I had to adjust the length of the straps so that they will cross. I don't know how much longer my son will fit into this stroller doing this. At 2 years old, he is still comfortable and I think we have another inch or two left on the straps.

I hope this helped.

Susan

carli8020 Guest

Default RE: INSTEP Ultimate 10k- MY BABY CAN FALL OUT

HI Susan, I'm glad this worked for you! I thought about this recently, but haven't had the guts to try it cause last time baby just cried and cried to get out...

I will give it an attempt soon, the weather is gettin warmer and I'd love to start exercising again.