kadm16 Guest

Default Phil & Teds Explorer Kiwi

Hi,
    Has anyone used this jogging stroller with
    the tandem seat add-on?

I'm not sure by the pics that it looks very comfortable
    for the kid sitting in the add on seat.??

Also, the total weight, at 70 lbs, seems kind of
    skimpy...

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

Kim
    Momma to an almost 4 year old
    and no. 2 on the way!

Default RE: Phil & Teds Explorer Kiwi

I am not sure if you checked over at the BB boards also, but wanted to say that I have an Explorer (not an E3, but the original Explorer) and I LOVE it. I have a ton of pictures on my site... http://pages.ivillage.com/mamakath/m...lercollection/ you may find it helpful.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jennifer-j Guest

I have the Explorer and LOVE it. I researched double strollers for many many hours and eventually settled on the E3. I put my older daughter (2.5 years, 30 lbs) in the front seat and my 4 month old in the back. I know the back seat is rated for 6m+, but she is very happy there and could not be more secure in the 5 pt harness. We did not even try the newborn configuration. I do not do any jogging, so I can't comment on that. For neighborhood walks, trail walks, and mall use it is wonderful. The maneuverability is A+ given that it is exactly the size of a single jogger. It is also a snap to fold up and put in the back of the car. I wanted to avoid buying more than one double stroller and I am VERY happy with the purchase. It allowed me to sell my single jogger since now I can just use the E3 for times with only one kiddo. So now I have just the E3 and a combi savvy (single) which is unbeatable for the light weight and collapsability.

PS - I bought it at Right Start; it was 20% off a couple weeks ago.

MelissaT Guest

Question for you -- I'll have a 16 month old and an infant. what is the "newborn configuration". And can you use the infant seat (Peg Perego) in this stroller? Or will I have to remove the baby from the infant seat? Thanks!

vikivoly Guest

The newborn configuration has the main seat folded completely down with the toddler seat on top. The newborn section is open in the back of the stroller and that is where you put the baby in and out. The toddler rides above the newborn section. It is possible to fit the Graco Snugride into the newborn area, but it doesn't lock in place, it just sets into it. I never used it that way, but I feel confident the baby would be secure.

Here is a link with pics of the set up on a Kiwi E3 V1 (Version 1, some minor differences, on my site there is a description of the differences between the V1 and V2).
    http://pages.ivillage.com/toomanystrollers/

HTH~
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~