bnsilfin Guest

Default double aria v. double combi

Which of these double strollers do you recommend? I'm giving birth in a few weeks and have a 22 month old. We live in NYC, and will use the stroller mainly for walking around the city. MBUD is probably my best bet, but, we do travel by car a lot on weekends, which why I'm thinking of one of the smaller ones, as the MBUD will take up my whole trunk. I've met people who hate their maclarens for various reasons, which is why I've narrowed it to the Peg or the Combi. Suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Default RE: double aria v. double combi

We chose the Combi since I didn't want to wait 6 months to use the Aria (it doesn't recline fully for newborns). It's been fine for us on smooth surfaces, but certainly the MBUD would be better for bumpy sidewalks (just too heavy for me to carry, plus much more $$). I've come to realize that there just is no perfect double stroller!

ctl Guest

May I ask which one you ended up getting? I'm due in 2 months with #2 (#! will be 16 months old then) and i have the same question as you. I'm thinking about getting both (one to leave in the car - i live in the suburbs) but am hesistating to buy 2 very similar strollers.

bnsilfin Guest

I didn't buy anything yet. I'm due tomorrow, and figured that I would wait a month or two and see.... My inclination at this point is to buy the MBUD, since I've heard wonderful things about it, and we live in a city, and to try to find an on-sale Combi to keep in the car.

Not sure if you have already decided, but wanted to add some info. I would look at the Valco double, the Mountain Buggy Urban Double (MBUD, they are all over NYC so lots of folks finding they work well for that lifestyle) or the ABC double (Adventure Buggy Company) for a walking around the city stroller.

Out of the other 2, I prefer the Combi. It gets raves from a lot of folks, folds compactly, and is a very nice indoor model. It would be suitable for the car, and traveling to the burbs, but I am not sure I would want to use either of these for my daily walking in the city stroller. The stroller board at Baby Bargains can provide a lot of information as well regarding any of these models.

HTH~
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

ctl Guest

Do you have a small trunk or need space in your car for other things when you travel? The combi folds like a sandwich and takes up much more trunk space than the aria which folds flat. Keep that in mind. i decided to get the aria to keep in my car.