Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jyanla Guest

Default RE: What is the best all-around family vehicle?

With two kiddos, definately mini-van. I have 05' Caravan and love it.

mattmom Guest

Whoa! I am in almost the same situation! I used a Volvo station wagon until the 2nd kid, and then got the Toyota Sienna XLE. I LOVE my Sienna!
    I not only love the auto sliding doors for the sides and the rear, but I also like the built-in pull up sun shades for the side door windows. Plus, my big MBUD stroller AND my MBUS both fit into the back. (Sometimes, I need the choice of a double or a single stroller.) Plus the groceries, and the extra pack of diapers and wipes, and the drycleaning, and well you get the picture.

Kay

DD 4/01
    DD 7/03

jtrimm Guest

We have 2 kids (25months and 8 months) and couldn't be more pleased with our 2003 Ford Explorer. Tons of cargo room for road trips and double strollers, excellent crash scores, fold-down 3rd row seat, and most importantly, one of the most extraordinary 4-wheel-drive systems on the road.

Don't know if you live in a cold climate area, but I have driven my Explorer through a snowstorm with 12" of unplowed snow on the road with ZERO problems with traction or control. The Explorer is like a Sherman tank when it comes to winter weather. We deal with quite a lot of winter weather where we live which is why a minivan was out of the question.

We also tow a 21" travel trailer for camping, and this is one area where a truck-based SUV with a fully boxed hyrdoformed steel frame and more robust mechanicals is going to win over any minivan or car-based SUV. The kids absolutely love camping, and the trailer is such a step up from a tent when dealing with little ones... :-)

CarrieMaro Guest

We adore our Acura MDX. It's very comfortable, great to drive and has a lot of room in the back when the third row of seats is folded down. Much more room than other comparable SUVs. I love the tinted windows for hot weather. The main selling point for us, however, was the fact that it comes standard with side curtain airbags -- all the way to the 3rd row, I believe. We feel it's a solid and safe care for our family.

Happy car shopping!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2