Default need new lightweight stroller...

After 4 1/2 years of use, the handle snapped off our much loved Combi 6610 Convenience Stroller. I know it is probably now considered an antique!!! My fault, it was in the back of our van and I tried to jam something on it...We will need to buy a new, or used one, preferably lightweight, adjustable handle (like the one on our Combi), basket. I'm so overwhelmed by the stroller options that are now available!!! We need something more durable than an umbrella stroller but don't want to spend a lot of money since we don't use a stroller that often. The Combi was a hand me down from dd#1, dd#2 is now 18 months and if we use the stroller a few times a month that is a lot. DH walks with a limp and honestly sometimes he uses the stroller just as a walking aid, so the flimsy umbrella strollers won't work. I have lurked on these message boards for years, but this is my first post. I would love some advice!!! Thanks...

Default RE: need new lightweight stroller...

I had a Combi 6600 that I used for almost 4 years before the latches on both sides broke. It was a great stroller and I was sad to see it go. I replaced it with a Graco MetroLite, which in some respects is a very similar stroller. I like the MetroLite and would recommend it, but last fall before we went to Disney World (DS#2 was 18 months old), I bought a Maclaren Volo.

We love the Volo. It is a great lightweight stroller. My MetroLite has been sitting in the garage pretty much ever since we got the Volo and about the only reason I'm keeping it around is in case there is a baby #3, I will want to use it with the infant car seat.

Even my 5 year old can ride in the Volo and it still pushes and steers very easily. The one drawback is that it doesn't recline, but DS#2 hardly, if ever naps in the stroller, so I decided we didn't need that feature. I got mine on-line for under $100 shipped.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

Default RE: need new lightweight stroller...

We ended up getting the Combi STS-1 Strolee. It was only $39, but it seems to have a lot that the more expensive lightweight strollers have. It is only 11 pounds, has a nice size canopy, reclines, basket. We will see how long it lasts, but since we only use it a few times a month, it should work for us.