Default How long will a toddler sit in a stroller for?

So you think 4 year olds still go in strollers? I'm thinking if we were to get pregnant sometime next year would I have to get a double stroller? I figure I could tote Martie in a stroller now and carry an infant, but I wouldn't want to buy a double stroller for only 6 months - a year. What do you think?

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

sugarsnappea Guest

Default RE: How long will a toddler sit in a stroller for?

Sonia,

JG will sit in the double stroller, but would rather not. She is quite happy doing it for power walks around the neighborhood. But, at the mall she hates it. I have just recently allowed her out of the back of the shopping cart. That alone stresses me out. I can't imagine letting her loose in the mall. :) Does Martie ride in a stroller a lot now? If she does, I would go for the double.

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nick is 3.5 and will still ride in the double stroller. Sometimesit's b/c I need to contain him, other times b/c he wants to do whatever Alex is doing. I have been toying with the idea of selling ours, though, as we mainly use the ones with the toddler boards (we just got a Zippy, were using the Pliko).

I didn't get the stroller until Alex was 4 months or so. I wanted to see where Nick was stroller wise. I then found I needed it as he ran away from me in the store a few times and we needed it for walks around the neighborhood.

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01
    & Alex 04/04

Depends really, now if i go back to my girls yes at 4yrs they would use a stroller but i think alot of that had to do with the fact their was a "baby" who did.

My almost 4.5yo is sorta so-so on strollers...he isn't against them but truely would only need one for a long trip..he's quite happy to walk around with his sisters otherwise now.

If your really worried you won't use a dble long you could try some of the toddlerseat options out there by valco, phil and teds etc or buggy/kiddy options.

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble
    2 girls, 9 & 6.5yrs and one boy almost 4.5yrs

I would wait and see how #1 is doing before investing in a double. My dd#1 was just shy of 3 yo when I had dd#2 and we didn't need a double. For the first couple months I would either have #2 in a carrier and #1 in a stroller or if I was with dh, #2 would be in snap and go, or carrier, and #1 in stroller. Within a few months #1 started to think the stroller was for babies and so by the time #2 was getting too big for the carrier and/or snap and go, #1 was out of the stroller.