Default Cross post from BB stroller board

Can someone recommend a good, cheap stroller for a child who's really too big for a stroller? DS is just about 3 1/2. He's exceeded the weight limit for our lightweight, junky travel stroller, and is too tall to sit comfortably in the old Combi 6610. His feet hang way below the foot rest and his head sits way above the pillow. Plus I can't stand to have to fold that thing!!! We just need something to take along when we're walking around all day and DS gets tired--like long shopping trips or long days at parks, zoos, etc., where he just can't walk anymore. I don't want anything bulky that I'd have to push; ideally it would be something that folds up tiny and has a shoulder strap so I could carry it until DS needs it. I don't want to be one of those moms pushing a big, empty (or loaded with packages) stroller while DS runs ahead and I can't keep up with him or hold on to him because my hands are occupied by the dumb stroller. Thanks for any advice!

Helene
    Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

Helene

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Cross post from BB stroller board

Helene,
    How much does he weigh?

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

He's just under 35 pounds, and about 40 inches tall. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,
    Helene

VickiH Guest

How about a Mac Volo? I don't have any experience with that model, but I've had a few Macs and I love them all. I think another Mac model (Triumph or Quest) also has a carry strap.

HTH