susani Guest

Default Kettler vs. Radio Flyer

My daughter is 18 months old and I am looking to buy her a tricycle. I was set to buy her a Radio Flyer, but today I found out about the Kettler brand. It seems that most people here have and like the Kettler, so I wanted to see if anyone has the Radio Flyer and what their opinions are. Has anyone tried both and if so, which one do you like better? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Default RE: Kettler vs. Radio Flyer

I have a Kettler and my neighbor has a Radio Flyer. They had to replace their's after a few months of light use because the steering cable broke. Our's is great and no problems yet.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

I really wanted a RF because of the "classic trike" look to it, but I've only heard mediocre to bad things about their quality. Ultimately we were given a used Kiddio as a gift (I think Kiddio is owned by Kettler) and we were thrilled with it.
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

mcmorfit Guest

Alas, DD's Kettler is sitting in the garage as she prefers her $1 bike we got a tag sale! That said, if you are going for the kettler, be sure to get all the extra gizmos - basket, bell. She might also need to use the foot rest.