JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Looking for umbrella or lightweight reclining stroller for toddler

Hello,

I am looking for an inexpensive umbrella stroller or very lightweight stroller that reclines and is appropriate for an older child. My daughter is 2.5 and I would like this to last until she is at least 3.5 or 4 (basically when I have no need for a stroller).

I am NOT looking for a Maclaran or other expensive stroller. I have been using an Evenflo stroller (don't even know what model) and a Kolcraft umbrella stroller. The umbrella does not recline, and I mostly used it only for very short walks/errands. However, now that she is older, I find myself wanting to use it more and not deal with the heavier stroller.

As I said, I am looking for an inexpensive model. I am thinking something like a Chicco...I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Robyn

Default RE: Looking for umbrella or lightweight reclining stroller for toddler

we have to Combi STS for our 21mo and it fits our needs. It sounds like what you are looking for but I'm not sure if it would work until she is 3.5 or 4. DD#1 was out of her stroller by 3yo, so I'm figuring dd#2 will be about the same. It is lightweight, reclines (dd naps in it) folds small, has a small basket and was $39. Maybe you can find one at a local store, I think they sell them at Right Start, I got mine at Buy Buy Baby in NY, and try it out...good luck!

Thanks, I will check it out. I would probably not use the stroller on a regular basis past 3, but would want to have that option for especially long walks or other related outings. We also visit my sister in NYC once a year, and that can involve a lot of walking. I see many older children in strollers when I go there.

Robyn

luvbeinmama Guest

Okay, not totally inexpensive, but not totally expensive either... I have a Baby Trend EuroTrend stroller that cost me about $70. Not as expensive as the Mac's but a nice sturdy umbrella stroller that I absolutely love. I looked at the Combi's and they always seemed a little to "shaky" or wobbly to me. I like the sturdiness of the Baby Trend. My DS even rides in it once in a blue moon (for a short time), and it does fine even though I know he's got to be over the weight limit. DD has slept fine in it, too.

Hmmn, $70 is doable. Do you have any idea how much it weighs? Is there enough padding on the seat back so that's its comfortable for laying down?

Thanks,
    Robyn

luvbeinmama Guest

It's probably not the lightest umbrella, but not the heaviest either. DD sleeps in it just fine, seems to have enough padding for her. There are 3 or 4 recline positions.

Wow! I just looked at the Baby Trend site to see if they had a weight listed, but it looks like the Euro Trend is not being made right now. What a shame. Well... bummer! I must have wierd tastes or something. I love Baby Trend products, but I seem to be in a minority, lol! Maybe it wasn't selling well enough for them. I bought mine 1 or 2 yrs ago. Okay, well... sorry about the wild goose chase.

Well, thanks for checking that out for me. Seems to me like a lot of the strollers people liked the best are discontinued!
    Robyn

----------------------------------------------------------
    Wow! I just looked at the Baby Trend site to see if they had a weight listed, but it looks like the Euro Trend is not being made right now. What a shame. Well... bummer! I must have wierd tastes or something. I love Baby Trend products, but I seem to be in a minority, lol! Maybe it wasn't selling well enough for them. I bought mine 1 or 2 yrs ago. Okay, well... sorry about the wild goose chase.

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Don't know if you've found one yet but they do have a few on ebay if you're interested. here's one I found: http://cgi.ebay.com/BABY-TREND-TREND...QQcmdZViewItem