skating mom Guest

Default Advice re: Huffy/Disney Princess Canopy Trike

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Huffy Canopy Trike $70 at Sears, which from what I can tell is the boy version of the Disney Princess Canopy Trike.

I need to get a trike with a push bar for 22 month DS. I've ruled out the radio flyer based on other reviews saying cables break all the time.

While the Kettler's look terrific, the price is steep. And, I read one mom's comment who said they like the kettler, but their toddler prefers the $1 bike they got at the tag sale.

Any advice welcome.

SillyCrab Guest

Default RE: Advice re: Huffy Canopy Trike

We got the blue one for our son when he's 2.5 yrs old (summer '04). We paid about $49+tax in Costco. We never used the canopy or the pushbar so I can't comment on either one. The trike itself looks snazzy. However, it was VERY difficult to pedal. I'm only 5 ft tall so I can ride it and I thought that if not for its looks, it's just a piece of crap. Maybe we just got a bad one. My mistake was I should have returned it to Costco right away and gotten another one. Unfortunately, I didn't and when I finally decided to do so, it's too late. When we go shopping for his 16" bike, I'll make sure it handles well.