czfcav Guest

Default replacement stroller for tall toddler

Does anyone have any recommendations for a stroller that will accommodate a tall toddler. My 16 month old son is tall for his age 34 inches tall and weighs 26 pounds. He has outgrown both his Chicco umbrella stroller and Baby Trend jogging stroller. He has a long torso and the straps are too short.

Thanks!
    Czfcav

Default RE: replacement stroller for tall toddler

Do you have a price range? What type of stroller do you want, jogging, lightweight, one with a recline, etc.

Thanks

Ilana

czfcav Guest

Thanks! We will be looking for a jogging stroller and a medium weight stroller for outings to the mall etc. The reclining feature doesn't matter because he is usually awake on our outings and does not sleep in the stroller. We would like to find something in the $100.oo to $150.oo price range but will consider more expensive models if highly recommended and are a good fit.

Thanks For Your Time!
    czfcav

Just to confirm you are looking for two different strollers? Also do you want the jogging stroller to have a swivel front wheel or one that does not swivel?

Thanks

Ilana

czfcav Guest

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, we are looking for two strollers. Gee, I don't know whether we need a swivel front. I actually do a lot of walking with the jogging stroller. Which kind of jogging stroller do you recommend for walking?

czfcav

If walking only and no running i would reccomend a swivel wheel if running not walking a fixed wheel.

For the umbrella stroller i would reccomend either a maclaren volo which is a very tall stroller but very lightweight or a triumph/quest. If you do not need a recline i would go with the volo. I do not really know alot about jogging strollers so i would post on the baby bargains stroller board for help on that matter. Having this information like swival vs fixed wheel will help them help you.

HTH

ilana

mapg is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have tall kids as well, with really long legs. I have a Dreamer Design jogger. It is wonderful. It does have a fixed front wheel, though, so you have to get the hang of turning. For trips to the mall, I have a Maclaren Triumph. It comes with a harness and is really easy to push. The handles on both strollers are high, and the jogging stroller has enough room handle to wheel that my 6-5 husband can actually walk behind it. The Dreamer Design goes up to 75 pounds which helps with bigger kids. Hope this helps.
    MA

logansmoose Guest

You may also want to look into the Baby Jogger Ciry Series. They are apparently great for tall kids and may be able to be your only stroller.

I agree with the Volo rec. My 2yo is very tall and we just had to get a new stroller. The Macs have a 55lb weight limit when most strollers max at 40lbs. It is lightweight and sturdy. I got one online, last year's model, for a good deal.
    Can't help with the jogger though. . .

Boogiemama Guest

I just got the new Baby Jogger brand City (Double) and love it. My super tall 3 1/2 yr old fits in with room to grow. And even though it is a double it turns great and folds so easily. I got it at a store that was very nice and super helpful called Baby Ant and they have an online catalog too. They have all the good stuff preselected and no junk.