arta Guest

Default Sit n' Stand vs. Joovy Caboose, E3 - others to consider

I'm looking to get a tandem stroller to accommodate my son (24 months in Aug.) and baby #2 (also due in Aug.). I'm just starting my research, and would like input on the pros and cons of Sit n' Stand vs. the Joovy Caboose. They look almost the same, what are the differences? Do people prefer one to the other? I also like the E3, but does it accept an infant car seat - also I don't know that I'm convinced I want to spend the extra money? Are there other options to consider?

missmelis01 Guest

Default RE: Sit n' Stand vs. Joovy Caboose, E3 - others to consider

After I had DS #2 2 months ago, I wanted the Sit n' Stand to accomodate DS #1 who doesn't like to sit in a stroller any more. During my search, though, I learned that Baby Trends has discontinued the Sit n' Stand and they will NOT be replacing it, so the only option is the Joovy model, which is what I got.

My neighbor has the Sit n' Stand, so I've been able to do a side-by-side comparison, in case you can get your hands on a used Sit n' Stand:
    1 The design and concept for both are exactly the same -- both have a sliding toddler seat and toddler ledge.
    2. The Sit n' Stand is more plastic than the Joovy, which makes the Joovy IMO more substantial, but also heavier!
    3. The Joovy is smaller (specifically it's shorter) than the Sit n' Stand, and I found the sliding toddler seat in the Joovy is more awkward than the Sit n' Stand (it keeps sliding back & there's not as much room so my son's head hits the car seat behind him).
    4. The toddler seatbelts for the sliding seat are so short on the Joovy that there is no way if my son can be buckled in without bringing up his lunch!
    5. The Joovy handles amazingly well and IMO much better than the Sit n' Stand.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Joovy, even with the above issues. The only thing I really would trade is it's weight, but then again, I've had 2 back surgeries so I'm sort of whimpy!!! :)

HTH!

Hi.
    I don't know anything good/bad/or ugly about this stoller...

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...duct&pid=35969

But it is a new release, just coming on the market from Fisher Price. As far as I can tell, it has some nifty features, that might be worth checking out.

Anyone know anything more about this stroller???
    - Jen

Flmom03 Guest

I live in Florida and the Target stores near us all carry the Sit n Stand. Theres comes with a partnt tray as well. From what I hear the Joovy is similer but smaller and not as comfortable for the older child. Also if the younger child is tall they don't fit well in the front seat. Fisher Price also came out with there verision but it is 8 lbs heavier.

Ryan's mom

lemjam Guest

I was looking at this Fisher Price versus the Joovy, and I was rather impressed with the options and features on the Fisher Price. One girl on another message board I'm on went ahead and bought it and ended up taking it back because of trays that kept coming off and such. The store (Babies R Us) she bought it from said they had had one other complaint on that stroller too. In my opinion, it sounds like Fisher Price needs to work some bugs out first, but when they do, it's going to be a neat stroller b/c it has a tray for the parents, whereas the Joovy does not. It is the same price as the Joovy tho.... $150.

The Fisher Price stroller is only available at Toys R Us and Babies R Us.

I'm currently trying to find one of these strollers too, and I think we'll end up with the Joovy. I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old. My 3 year old is jealous when the baby is in the stroller, and man, for some of those outings where extra walking comes into play, the three year old wants to be carried. The joovy gets rave reviews from other boards where I've read about it too, so I think that's going to be the one for us. Good luck!

kboyle Guest

i did a post in the baby bargains about the FP stroller:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...d=75394&page=2

hth!

tori is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Hi! I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. I did a major comparison between the Joovy and Sit n' Stand before my second son was born and as others have mentioned my 2 year old could not sit comfortably on the Joovy seat, there just wasn't enough room. Th seat on the Joovy also kept sliding back and forth. Anyway, to make a long story short I bought the Sit n'Stand from the Right Start and I love it!!!! I highly recommend it!

lemjam Guest

I ended up buying the Joovy, and I love it. I don't have a side by side comparison model, but, the Fisher-Price did end up being pulled from the shelves while FP addressed some safety concerns. (Something about the front tray swings out and the concern that the tray will come out while supporting an infant seat) Anyway, the only other option at BRU was the Joovy. You know, I have no regrets on this purchase. It was easy to assemble, steers well, my daughter loves to ride in it (both of them!) and it's just been one of those, "Why didn't I buy this sooner!? There is no tray for the parents to put drinks in, but you can buy an add on tray at Babies R Us (BRU) and it works just fine from what other parents have said. Yes, the seat does move when she's on it, but it has not proved to be a problem, and yes the strap is insanely short so yeah, it's hard to seat her in it strapped in, but you could buy a strap somewhere and replace it easily for a couple of dollars. BRU had a flyer with $20 off strollers, so we ended up scoring this fab item for $130. The flyer's date was through July 16. Something about all strollers over $80 or whatever you could take $20 off. Good luck - hope you can find something that works!