Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: toddler music

bogglefan Guest

Default RE: toddler music

Some of these have already been mentioned but for what it's worth, here is a list of some of our favorites. I have purchased a lot of childrens music, our son loves music and while there are some terrible CD's around there are also some wonderful ones out there. Hope this is helpful to someone out there.

RALPH'S WORLD and JUSTIN ROBERTS are probably my top recommendations. I have given Ralph's World as a gift quite often and the kids and perents always love it. These guy's are easy to listen to as an adult and the kids absolutely love the CD's.

LAURIE BERKNER - especially Whadda'ya think of that
    DAN ZANES - a few have mentioned him and we love him but he isn;t for everyone, kind of bluegrassy, folksy, -- very different - very well done.

JOHN DENVER- ALL ABOARD - for the train obsessed toddler - all the songs are about trains. Great CD, easy to listen to.

JOHN LITHGOW - Singing in the Bathtub and he has another one too. Very well done.

RAFFI - of course. He is probably the first children's music superstar

TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA - Family Music Party and other albums

SAR HICKMAN - Toddler. Fun CD.
    GREG & STEVE
    WENDY GELSANLITER
    JESSICCA HARPER
    CHARLOTTE DIAMOND

baby_mis1 Guest

CDs that were given as gifts (and I don't know where to find them):

Sesame Street Numbers (a song for each number - most are very original and I like the various musical styles too)

Sesame Street Alphabet (a song for each letter of the alphabet)

Sarah Hickman - Toddlers CD (very short but wacky songs and a few stories thrown in)

The Mother Goose Jazz Band - some jazzed up versions of classic songs (although the lyrics haven't been changed much, so you can sing along) Examples - This Old Man, Three Blind Mice, etc.

Good luck!
    Valerie
    Mom to Jonas 2-21-02

raynjen Guest

We can't get throught the day at our house without listening to VeggieTales. At last count we have "On the Road With Bob & Larry", "Bob & Larry's Backyard Party", "Bob & Larry's Sunday Morning Songs", "Junior's Bedtime Favorites", "Larry's Silly Songs", "Pirates' Boat Load of Fun", and "Have We Got a Show For You, Ten Years of VeggieTales Greatest Hits".

How can you not love a Cucumber who sings "The Water Buffalo Song" and "The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" or a two Squash who ask the timeless question - "How Many Monkeys Can Fit in a Tree"? We are currently hoping to get "Oh Veggie, Where Art Thou" for my daughter's birthday and so expand our musical repetoir.

I also put in a bid for Trout Fishing in America for eminently listenable, singable, fun music - their tune "Baby's Got The Car Keys" will have the most sedate parent giggling.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3