Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Best FP Little People Play Set?

My DS has the Amusement park (My Mom and I picked up it up along with one of the Main St. sets at a garage sale). I recently found the Animal Sounds Farm at a thrift store and he LOVES it! He plays with it EVERY DAY, ALL day long. He loves the sounds!

It amazes me to see him play with these sets. He really moves the people around, pushes them in the cars and even talks to them. It is so cute! I can't believe tht my little guy is already big enough to talk to the Little People *tear*.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

MinnieMouse Guest

We have the Garage, Amusement Park, Noah's Ark, Circus Train, Zoo Train, Barn and the Nativity that we bring out at Christmas. Dd is getting the House (older one...not the new "Sounds" one) for Christmas (Target had the garage, barn and house on sale for $19/ea last month). We also have an add on set for the barn.

To be honest, dd didn't like the roller coaster aspect of the Amusement Park much. She too loved the cars and the people..but the coaster itself didn't work real well and we found she was playing mostly with the merry go round and the ferris wheel (which you can buy an add on set with cooler versions off them that "sing" now). We put the main coaster portion of the set away in the basement and left the rest available for plan and dd is fine with it.

She LOVES the other sets and plays with them constantly. I would definitely vote for the Zoo train over the Circus one any day. We had the Circus one first and received the Zoo one as a gift later on...we definitely DON'T need two!

I am predicting that dd will really love the house, which is why she's getting it for Christmas. The only other set I think I would really look at to add to the rest is the Airport....I think she would really enjoy the vehicles, etc.

The best bang for your buck peoplewise is the Noah's Ark. The main set comes with 4 sets of animals as well as Noah and "his wife" (poor woman has no name??). There are two add on sets available with 3 pairs of animals in each. Since my sister the doting aunt gave this to dd we received ALL of them at the same time. The animals and people ALL fit in the ark..and best of all there is NO MUSIC or SOUNDS AT ALL!! I think it may be the only LP set that doesn't have any! Dd plays with all the animals constantly.

HTH

Christine

mspacman Guest

If you belong to BJ's, they have a "bonus" Noah's Ark which comes with 7 sets of animals (lions, leapards, zebras, giraffes, rhinos, peacocks and toucans) as well as Noah and his wife (I told my daughter her name was Joan, as in Joan of Ark) and a free video, Big Discoveries. It's the same price as TRU, $20.

I agree that it's a great deal either way, and I also like the fact there are no sounds. And my daughter loves it too.

mspacman Guest

I received the mat yesterday. I thought it would be vinyl, but it's made of a padded fabric. My daughter thought it was a blankie, and tried to sleep on it! It has very colorful pictures of roads, farm fields, construction lots, etc. in a sort of aerial view. I guess it's okay for the price, though I would prefer a wipeable plastic to fabric (but the padding would make it good on a wooden or tile floor I suppose). With the mat on carpet, the little people keep falling over.

Also got the 2 videos. Boo loves them, but they have the SAME tunes introducing each segment! Talk about death by earworms!

brubeck Guest

Oh you mean:

We are Little People, we have great big plans
    Little People, we have helping hands
    Little People we count from 1 to 10
    Little People and we'll always be friends

Guess how I know it? :) If you go to the FP web site and access the LP home page they play that song in the most gawdawful tinny voices. Over and over and over. It makes me thankful for Aaron Neville.

At least Amy is no longer going around saying, "Mama sing Discovering Morning! Sing Discovering Sun!". Yes, I had to go around singing that song every day for about a month......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2