Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mamahill Guest

Default RE: Help me with dolls! (please)

oh my gosh - my heart melted!! And that picture is adorable! DH wasn't too thrilled that I thought it would be perfectly fine to go Christmas shopping for Ainsleigh's toys WITH Ainsleigh. I assured him it would be the last year, and it will be since she just about broke down IN the store because we wouldn't let her get the dollhouse out.

Thanks for the untying/unwrapping advice. I hadn't even thought of that until you ladies here recommended it. I'm all for that!

mamahill Guest

Thanks for the tip. I think I'd go with the blond, although I'd PREFER a red head. Apparently red-headed baby dolls are few and far between. Then where did these red-head BIG dolls come from, I ask?! lol.

starrynight Guest

It is really hit or miss but occassionally big lots has little doll stroller's for $5, very similar to the ones sold for #10-15 elsewhere.

As for dolls, we have a few cheapie's from target and the px. I will get both girls nicer dolls when they are a bit older. I have 2 AG dolls from my childhood they can have eventually. My grandma wouldn't buy me one until I was like 12 so I would take care of it LOL.

ismommy Guest

Bella has quite a few babies as she calls them. Some cheap ones from target, a lissi doll that I got a good deal on - she is the same size as a bitty baby. she also has a bitty baby that we have not given her yet - it was a pressnt when she was born and I have been keeping it in rsersve for a meltdown day.
    For her second birthday we got her a Gotz doll - brown hair brown eyes- since she had been brushing my hair alot I thought she would like a doll with hair. she had no interste in her so I put her in the closet for when she is older.
    The gotz doll I found online for a good price- I think 30 - I was told by a dooll store they are great dolls becuase they are completely washable.
    The lissi dolls I have seen at TJ Maxx, Daffy's and other places like that. I have also hear good things about chou dolls.
    What I was told by an older mom is that madeline dolls clothes fit on bitty baby. So when I see them at good prices I buy them. For us it works well because she has madeline, lissi(same size as bitty) then the gotz doll and bitty baby and we only need to buy one size clothes.
    Also I think someone mentioned the peeing baby - I got one for bella at toys r us and I really regretted it. Bella was constanly wanting to give her a bottle and she needs to be right over the toilet when held right up or she leaks everywhere. Since I don't like spending that much time in the bathroom the peeing baby is kinda a pain.
    Also Sara - I am pretty sure that gotz makes red haired dolls.
    HTH
    Helene

mamahill Guest

OH MY GOSH! Those Gotz dolls (which I hadn't heard of before) are ADORABLE. They have such sweet expressions on their faces!! And they do have the perfect red-headed doll. A quick search at eBay shows I can get them there for a pretty good price ($45 - I saw them retailing for $54 - where did you see them for $30?!), but I'm thinking I'll hold off on the "big girl" doll for now. But thanks for the advice about interchangeable clothing. Hadn't even thought of that, but I am now! and I'll definitely rethink the peeing baby since I'd rather not spend the better part of the day in the bathroom, or cleaning up leaks (from my child OR her doll;) ). Thanks for the advice on the other brands - I think I'll head to Target, Ross, and TJ Maxx this week to scout what's available.

Thank you!!

ismommy Guest

Glad I could help. I got Bella's doll at www.a2ztoys.com I got her the maxi muffin which is the same size as bitty baby. I went to the website an didn't see any redhead maxi muffin's - I think I have seen them though. and there was this redhead
    http://www.a2ztoys.com/Goetz/Precious_Day/90453.html
    I had seen maxi muffin in a store for 50 and just thought she was so sweet looking that I ( mean bella ) had to have her.
    Even my DH who is not a doll fan admits she is a very sweet doll.

I have also seen gotz dolls at TJ maxx and Tuesday morning./ Thuesday morning is another great place for doll shopping.
    Bella is addicted to dolls - we could get rd of every other toy except for dolls and doll related toys and she wouldnt care.
    Good luck with the hunt.

Nana bought Kathleen a Corolle doll for her first birthday. It's the Calin doll and is about 12 inches and smells so sweet. She has no hair, but eyes that open and close. This is the exact doll she has:

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/...ndminiset.html

She LOVES her baby (it's still named "Baby"). Ever since she got it, it goes everywhere with her. Since then, we've bought it some clothes (like 2 Corolle outfits, the rest at Target or TRU), a dipe bag (Nana picked up the Corolle one for Christmas) and a few strollers for it.

Nana will be getting one for Ellen for her first birthday and this is the one I am eyeing:

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/calinlaugh.html

And how sweet is this face!

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/bebedo.html

Needless to say, we LOVE the Corolle dolls. Be sure and let us know what you get for Miss A! :)

It sounds like Gotz decided to stop manufacturing the dolls in December 2003. So they may be scarce soon...just wanted to mention it!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Sarah,
    this might have been mentioned but Tuesday Morning has wooden doll strollers, high chairs etc... for dolls!!!! on discount...
    Neve
    http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mamahill Guest

Oooh, thanks! I'll check that out. Bitty is on her way, and I've got a friend working on a couple wardrobe pieces now that she isn't working as much...;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast