Default 3d birthday presents

Jack's 3d birthday is this month, and family members are asking what to get him. For some reason, I'm not coming up with anything good except for a nice wooden tool set and some pads/cartridges/whatever-you-call-them for his "My First Leap Pad".

We're getting him the Radio Flyer toddler scooter.

Any great toys/games you've come across for kids of this age?

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: 3d birthday presents

Hmm. For Sarah, her big gift from us is going to be a Bitty Baby doll (probably not much help for you...). For others I am thinking about asking for:

more advanced puzzles
    a tunnel and play tent (OSA has a tent that can double as a playhouse)
    the new Little People castle set

I thought about Legos (not Duplos), but have sort of reconsidered that for awhile, maybe for Hanukkah.

Does he have a tricycle? You could get in on the Kettler deal.

HTH,

Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A tricycle! My DS turns 3 in July and we got him a Kettler Jumbo trike for Christmas and he LOVES IT!!!! I highly recommend a trike!

He also got an easel from his aunty and loves it too! Ours is from TRU... crayola... has a dry erase side(the crayola washable markers work great here!) and a chalkboard side.... my DS loves to paint and we just take that thing outside and strip him down to a pullup and he paints away... no worries if some paint gets on him or the grass!!!!

Any outdoor toys would be good..... sand and water table, sandbox and toys, slide/climber, hose sprinkler, tonka trucks!

How about playdoh??? my DS loves playdoh and all the cookie cutter things and such that go with the sets!

Books are always a good thing... my DS loves his my first leap pad too!

I always try to head over to Toys R Us. com and check out the site and make/update a wishlist for DS.... that way people can go there and see the kind of stuff DS is into without being put on the spot when they call and me saying "um, I'm not sure"! LOL

Good Luck... HTH's you!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

My son likes everything Thomas the Tank Engine related! His favorite gifts from his 3rd birthday were some new wooden trains and his 3 wheel scooter.

Melissa
    DS 9/00
    DD 3/03

My son loves cars, trucks...hot wheels, little tikes trucks etc...also if your ds is into that sorta thing one of those carpets with car tracks on it can be great fun.

I agree with the kettler option also, we bought one for ds last month he loves it.

Trains are also a big hit with my 3yo ds :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

I know this is posted after DS's birthday, but some of the things that Kathleen loved for her birthday or is loving now:

*Pop-up play tents/crawl-thru things (Kathleen's is a princess castle and she plays in hers all the time)
    *Sports sets--golf, baseball equipment, t-ball set, basketball (LT one is great), tennis racquet and balls, soccer ball
    *Art supplies--Kathleen loves to play with her "art box" (inside are paints, crayons, markers, modeling clay, coloring books, play-doh, scissors, stickers... pretty much anything)
    *Little People--she still loves 'em
    *Train sets--we have the Target wooden set but add pieces to it; this is one of her faves

Good luck, and I hope he has a wonderful birthday!! :)