egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default 3rd birthday ideas

Sarah will be 3 in August (jeepers creepers!!!).

I was going to get her a Bitty Baby, but I think I have reconsidered that for right now. She has two inexpensive dolls she is perfectly happy with right now, so maybe I will save that for a "new baby" gift for when we have a second child.

So now I am thinking for her birthday gifts:

wooden unit building blocks (I already have these that I got on sale awhile ago and I have been saving)

new Little People Castle set (I bought this at WalMart, but I'm now in an anti-WalMart phase and I don't know if she's too old for it)

Legos and base plates (not Duplos, or is she too young? we already have MegaBloks)

assorted small plastic animal sets (like butterflies, sea creaturesm farm animals, etc.)

some additional trains tracks and cars for her set (we need more straight track and I was thinking about a battery powered engine)

Thats sort of hat I have in mind. We have an easel, a tricycle, lots of art supplies, Playdoh, etc.

Any big ideas I'm missing?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default RE: 3rd birthday ideas

I think your ideas are wonderful!! I think the unit building blocks would be a great idea (and easy since you already have them!). How about a tunnel or mountain/hill for her train set? DD loves her battery powered train - she has "Lady" (from Thomas). How about dress-up clothes? When I was teaching preschool, the three year olds realy loved playing with the plastic animals with the blocks - they would make cages and play pretend zoo, so maybe some large plastic animals like this http://tinyurl.com/2957s.

I think your ideas are great!!!!! I can't believe she is almost 3!!!

Lisa

I second the dress up clothes. What about a place for baby to sleep? Maybe a doll bed or crib?

I really like your ideas. DS has some plastic butterflies that he fell in love with at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and they have been a big hit. DS also has a battery powered engine that he loves. We got the Brio figure 8 mountain set with the engine.

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

atlbaby Guest

One present I've been saving is Feltkids, have you seen them?
    http://www.totallythomas.com/prod/fe...eltkidspl.html
    I got Arielle the Birthday Girl one a few months ago and I'm saving it for her birthday.

They look really neat--I can't wait to play with them too! :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
    and Daliya, 10/27/03

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does she like dollhouses? Charlotte really liked the Little People Loving Family as a younger child so we bought her the next size that Fisher Price makes for Christmas this past year. She plays with it every day still. We add rooms of furniture for different occasions so the process of furnishing her house seems to really hold her attention.

Another house that she loves is Felt Land Deluxe. We love it too because it's so versatile and you can easily pack it up and take it on trips.
    http://www.smallworldtoys.com

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Defintely dress-up clothes!!! They are a huge hit around here - for Kasey's 3rd birthday, I bought her a fancy purple tutu with lots of sequins (VERY important ;) ), sparkly shoes, and a tiara - she was in heaven! This past Christmas, I bought my niece who is 3 and my nephew who is 4 an assortment of dress-up stuff and they were thrilled - my SIL says whenever their friends come over, it is the first thing they go to! Target has good dress-up stuff as well as Toy's R Us. I also found a Disney Princess dress-up trunk at KB Toys that was relatively inexpensive - under $30, I think. Good luck and happy shopping!
    -Lauren

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

THREE?!? Can't be! :-)

Tom has the battery operated Thomas and *LOVES* it! We actually bought another for a buddy of his who has a birthday this week. I highly recommend it!

Sounds like a good list so far...on the castle nope not too old at all, my kids all play with ours...i finally got the carriage LOL :D

My kids are 8, 5.5 and 3.5 ;)

Lego wise depends, i only still use duplo not until Ds is older will i dare move into the small stuff ...

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif