Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default RE: Name of Chair that Kids Use in Kitchen to Reach the Counter?

Is it the learning tower? Seems like a neat thing to have...

http://store4.yimg.com/I/brandsplace_1797_77260474

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Cristina,

Thanks for posting about this! I've been searching to find the same thing. I saw it in a catalog last year and now it would really come in handy. (But it looks huge, doesn't it - I wonder if I could spare the kitchen space!)

Chris Guest

Yep, that's it. Thank you SO MUCH!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have way over thought purchasing one of these. Havn't done it yet. Here is a thread with some more information:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

Chris Guest

Thanks for the info-seems like it wouldn't be too hard to build something like this...seems so expensive for what amounts to just a chair-but then again, if it works, it's a great idea.

Erika600 Guest

I have been looking for some kind of step stool to use in the kitchen mostly for DS to stand on to reach the sink for washing his hands. Then I came across the learning tower...it looks intriguing, but what makes it different from a stool or a chair? Is it just that it's safer because it has sides to it? I'm all for great baby/kid products, but I think I'm just not "getting" it. BTW, my DS is only 17 months old...maybe we just haven't reached the stage where I'll understand the necessity for such a product? Is it really useful for when they can "help" in the kitchen? TIA!

It's the sides and the fact that it won't tip like a chair. DS loves to see what I am doing and "help" me in the kitchen. But, he has fallen off the chair a couple of times. The last time, he tipped the chair over backwards. So, I ordered the Learning Tower. We haven't really gotten to use it much yet, so I can't provide much of a review, but it is not tippy at all.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Erika600 Guest

OK, so it's like a safety thing then. That makes sense. I guess my DS isn't really old enough to stand there for an extended period of time and "help" yet. But I could see a chair becoming unsafe in that case. Thanks for clearing that up. I would love to hear what you think of your tower once you get to use it a little more! :)

Mommaof2 Guest

What do you think of the leaning chair now that you have had it a while?

NancyP Guest

Hello,

We have had the Learning Tower for 1 year now. My sons are 2 1/2 and 5 now. We absolutly love it! My sons use this thing at least 5 times a day! As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago I heard the water being turned on in the kitchen. Here is a picture of Liam (almost 3) washing his hands and helping clean the dishes! They psuh it to the counter by themselves when they want to "see" or participate at the counter. We have baked cookies, made pancakes, and washed dishes together with the Learning Tower. It is very safe and sturdy and I don't have to worry that they will fall off and I can keep cooking. They both fit on it together!

http://static.zoovy.com/img/hwt/W120...ning_tower.jpg

Here is a link for a special price to buy the learning tower for BBB members:

www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/products/G97270GSPEC

The special is $122.99 with free shipping. (It retails for $150)

Enjoy!
    Nancy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast