juliajaj Guest

Default 2 year old birthday gift ideas

DD will be 2 on 8/9. Do you have any birthday gift ideas that I can include on her list? I have a few things on my list that I definitely want to get her from DH & I, but family members are asking for gift idea suggestions too. She loves books, music & is starting to get interested in short videos (she loves Noggin TV). She has a few dolls that she likes to play with & also has the Leapfrog train, Alphabet Pal & Numbers Pal. Just as an FYI, DH & I are expecting our 2nd child on 7/9, so let me know if there's anything that you've given your child (books, activities, toys, etc.) that helped with that transition.

Thanks.

Julie

Default RE: 2 year old birthday gift ideas

Congratulations! I can't help on the second question. But, on gift ideas, we are getting DS a kitchen, so others can provide some kitchen accessories, food, etc. DS is getting into puzzles. He can do the wooden ones with small knobs or no knobs and the 5-piece or so that make one big picture. He is recently into sticker books and a magnetic book by Snappy - Snappy Travel: A Magnetic Fun Book. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...529647-9610330 Little People sets would be good, along with Play Doh, balls, a ride-on of some sort if she doesn't have one, felt board and pieces, a "magazine" subscription for her, a chair if she doesn't have one, toy cleaning equipment, dollhouse, toy flashlight or a push toy. If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

erbono Guest

I am also expecting (8.14.04) and my dd turned 2 3.15. She got a lot of things for her doll for dressing, sleeping, strolling, etc.... She loves them! It is amazing to watch her put her babies to sleep, take them for walks, calm them when they cry (she says they are crying), hushing us when they are sleeping, etc....

I also got her a book "And after that..." by Jeanne Ashbe. It is a great book which talks about what will happen when the baby comes along. I really like it because it is very positive. It even has an illustration of the baby nursing. It is a great book!

She got a bunch of other toys but I think these are the best for gearing her up for the new baby.

Good luck!

Erica

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hunh, I guess that we have to work on this, too! I just don't think of myself as a mom to a two year old!

I'd like to see Colin get a doll stroller and a table and chairs set. He looooves this giant floor puzzle that someone gave us last year, so that might be an idea for you.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009