Default Imaginetics Magnetic Play Sets

When I was looking for Colorforms at my local toy store, I was told that instead of Colorforms, they carried Imaginetics Magnetic Play Sets. I can't really compare and contrast these with Colorforms because we don't own Colorforms yet. However, I will say that DS has had a lot of fun with the Imaginetics. They are listed for ages 3 and up and some of the sets do have small magnets that would be a choking hazard. However, the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head set, although technically for 3 and up has no tiny pieces. The smallest piece is probably 1.25 x 2.5". Anyway, DS has a lot of fun putting the magnets on the board, taking them off and dressing Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.

http://www.intplay.com/activity.htm
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Imaginetics Magnetic Play Sets

Those are cute. How much were they? I am always looking for nice, portable toys!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

At the independent toy store (read not great prices), they were $5 for the small sets and $8 for the large sets.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

christic Guest

Kind of related, but Alice has really liked a paper doll set from Magnetic Fun. It all comes in a tin you can pack up and go with (and stick the magnets to) and they have a lot of other designs also. The paper dolls crack me up because of their cheesy 1970s clothes.

http://www.leemagicpen.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=34

They also have mini tins (just dolls though) that are more portable and only $5.

Shapoodle Guest

Hi,
    I have a couple of brand new Imaginetics sets as following:
    - Thomas' Station Stop M81007
    - Picture Bingo M81001
    - Classic MR. POTATO HEAD Fun M81010
    - Enchanted Forest M81013
    I would like to sell it, at the great bargain price: $10 for them all.
    If interested, please email me at [email protected]

CherylT Guest

They sell these at Kidsurplus.com. I think they are less than $4 for the small sets and under $6 for the larger ones. I bought some a couple of months ago but haven't used them yet - I'm saving them for an upcoming road trip. HTH

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sarah loves the Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head set, which we use at home, and we also have a smaller Mr. Potato Head set for the car/diaper bag. I agree, these are great!!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)