Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Doll for toddler boy?

Does anyone have any ideas on a doll that's appropriate for a toddler boy? A little girl at daycare ratted DS out and said he likes to play with dolls. :) So I'm looking to get him one for Christmas. I haven't looked too hard yet but it seems like all the dolls are geared towards girls (lots of pink). I'd rather get something a little more masculine or gender neutral if DS is going to have a doll. I've seen the Bitty Baby (I think) twin set with the boy and that looks good, but I really don't want the girl doll too and I don't want to spend that much either. Any ideas on a cheap(ish) boy-appropriate doll?

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: Doll for toddler boy?

It wasn't cheap($30), but I picked up a Corolle baby boy doll at Tuesday Morning this morning. (Thanks for the tip Melanie!) This doll is anatomically correct (think potty training) and can be bottle fed and then it wets, too. We haven't tried it yet, but I think we are going to give it a Dr Phil try starting on Monday! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

Thanks for the info. I'll see if my Tuesday Morning has this next week, though I'm not sure they will, they never seem to have anything that people post about. I wouldn't mind spending $30 if I can also use the doll for potty training. Hope I can find it! If anyone else has any ideas in case they don't, please post!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Here is a site with a lot of Corolle and Gotz dolls, some are boy dolls: http://www.liveandlearn.com/contents.html

The Gotz Muffin doll comes in a boy version and is about $25 full retail.

Here's a cheaper boy Muffin: http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/intgz20579.html

This is another drink and wet doll that comes in a boy version and is also $25.

http://www.niftycool.com/aqdrwetbabad.html

And here's another one in the same price range:

http://www.niftycool.com/fawetdrbaboy.html

There's this one too:

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/cor24050.html

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We also have the Tuesday Morning Corolle doll (haven't introduced the wetting feature yet to Colin) and a Cabbage Patch Kid from my childhood collection - a boy in jeans and windbreaker. We also have the Bitty Baby boy. My mom kept the girl. Technically, the boy is mine but Colin takes him away every so often. Avoid the My Twinn dolls. I ordered one of those and customer service was absolutely horrible, and the doll is butt-ugly. I ordered light skin tone and he looks like he has a QT tan (anyone else remember that awful stuff??).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Thanks Beth and Lori, your posts gave me lots of places to look in addition to Tuesday Morning. LOL on the QT tan stuff, Lori, I think I used that stuff once! Awful, orange color wasn't it?

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's plush, so I don't know if it's what you are looking for, but we just got a boy doll by Russ that has clothes that come off and big buttons, zippers, etc to practice dressing. Like the old "dressy bessy" and "dapper dan," if you had those as a kid? We're saving it for the holidays so I don't know if DS likes it but it's pretty cute.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

shandrin Guest

Not read through the other replies..but we got ds a cabbage patch kid, got the brown eyes and even a buzz cut LOL

Corolle make nice dolls too but we have tons from the girls so i opted more for a toddler type dolly instead.

Thanks for all the ideas! I still don't have a doll yet, but I guess I still have a little while. My Tuesday Morning didn't have any boy dolls. The Russ one sounds cool, I'll try to find that, maybe even in additon to a more classic doll. I also have looked at Cabbage Patch kids but haven't found any boys in my area. I found a girl one I wanted for myself though! I might end up ordering something online if I can't find anything locally. Thanks again!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know this is old-fashioned, but what about a Raggedy Andy doll? They had some at TRU last year when I bought a Raggedy Ann doll for my niece and they were cute and soft.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast