egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Source for inexpensive sticker books

DD LOVES sticker books. They will keep her entertained for hours at a time. But they are often very expensive. The ones you buy at Border or B&N are about $5-$6 each.

The ones I mean are like this:
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...458481X&itm=18

I found this book at Target on clearance.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...89846649&itm=1

I love it because the stickers are more like colorforms than stickers and so it is re-usable. She will take the stickers off and put them back on forever.

Any ideas on where to find either type of sticker book for less money?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default RE: Source for inexpensive sticker books

DD loves Sticker Stories. $4.49 each at buy.com. Free shipping on orders over $25. Also, Costco had a Disney Princess sticker book treasury with over 350 stickers for $7.99.

Sam's Club sometimes has good deals on sticker books, but they don't always stock them. Buy.com is a decent source for the same sticker books you see at B&N or Borders only for less money.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

$5-6 for hours of entertainment? That's a pretty good hourly rate!

I just got a couple of Disney sticker books at Michael's for 50 cents, but they aren't the reusable type of stickers.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For the resuable ones, I would pay more. But one $6 non-reusable sticker book is about 1 hour of entertainment. At the current rate, I am using one sticker book per OB appointment! :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

DS got a book called Counting Farm for his birthday. It has reusable stickers. They are pretty much like Colorforms, along the coloring does come off if they are folded or reused a lot. Basically, the book gives you instructions about the number of a particular item to put on the page ("plant 6 carrots in the field"; "put 5 bees on the flowers"). DS doesn't like it quite as much as his "regular" sticker books, but it does keep his attention.

This is a very good price: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...5378243&itm=25
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My Mom got DD a set of 4 "stickamajigs" books that are animal themed and have (LOTS of) colorform style stickers. So far we've only opened the duck one (saving the rest for after baby #2 arrives) but it's really cute. I found them online at amazon.com for $5.99 each. I'm not sure where my Mom got the set of 4 from. ETA: the Duck book listed on Amazon is shown as a paperback and the one we have is hardcover - not sure how they might be different.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...113869-6026368

As for regular sticker books, I haven't looked much but I have seen some books in the coloring book section at WalMart that had stickers too or were maybe all stickers. I think they were probably pretty inexpensive but I didn't look carefully.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

Check the dollar store. I regularly go in just to see if they have sticker books. I recently picked up a Sesame Street and Christmas themed sticker book - both reusable stickers. I even bought more than one of each and dd happily plays with the "new" one.

Beth,

Do you have a Borders outlet by you? I can find good deals on sticker books there. Usually about $2 for the non reusable type.