Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Any least favorite books?

OMG, Susan, we have the Peppy Puppy version of that book! Creepy puppy head and takes up too much room and hate the story. It was the Santa gift from daycare.

I dislike Brown Bear. Yes, I know it is sacrilege, and Jack loves it, but the story doesn't GO anywhere.

And while I love most Boynton books (Hippos Go Berserk, Pajama Time, The Going to Bed Book, 1-2-3, Birthday Monsters), some have awkward wording (Barnyard Dance, Snuggle Puppy), some end awkwardly (Moo Baa La La La) and some have slightly offensive messages (Hey! Wake Up).

I also DESPISE Ping, which I liked when I was little but I somehow blocked out the fact that the little duck gets switched regularly for no reason and the moral is that he should be grateful for the switching at home because at least it isn't as bad as the scary world out there. Made me cry when I reread it, and I'm considering throwing it away before Jack even sees it.

Goes without saying that I dislike all the books that are TV tie-ins. They are boring commercials at best.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
    Breastfeeding 17 months and counting

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't like Ping either. I also don't like most Little Golden Books they just don't flow for me. I Love You Forever creeps me out!

"Junk Books" drive me crazy. The TV tie-ins. My ds actually bargains with me at the library to get them and we don't even watch the shows!! He just had a book fair at school and he came home with Captain Underpants which is currently driving me crazy.

I quickly eliminate books that I don't like to read. I hate when my kids ask me to read a book and I cringe. So I try hard to have a huge selection of books that I love to read.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

hjdong Guest

DS has just decided he likes I love you forver, and everytime I read it he gets a speech about how when he's old enough to move out, I'm am not going to be stalking him! I agree. It's creepy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2