Default 2 turning 3 on 12/30 so no other big gift giving occasion til next year

My DS will be 3 on 12/30. I'm at a loss for what to get for Christmas/Bday. I found that we tend to get things for his current age and not things he can grow into. So right now we have a bunch of toys that he doesn’t play with. I'm thinking a bike as the big thing and skip the tricycle. He's very tall for his age. Maybe a leap pad and more computer games? He's really gotten into puzzles lately and started using him imagination more. We are inheriting a train table from my Mom because she's moving. It's pretty big (50x60 I think) and we don't just have gobs (is that a word) of space. His play room is what was intended to be a formal dining room so it’s kind of a leg attached to the LR and has only 3 walls with a double window on one wall. We’ve put a small couch and TV (on our old entertaimnet center over there because my DH HAD to have a new Big Screen when we moved to the new house, lol) along with a toy box and a movie rack, a tunnel and, and, and… Now the train table is coming too. We’ll move out the entertainment center at least for now but don’t know how much wall space that will leave us. There is space in his room for some bigger toys but I have no idea which way to go. All of the things I had in mind it looks live everyone is buying for their two year olds! I don’t want to hold him back.

Sorry for the long post. HELP
    Alison

kristy Guest

Default RE: 2 turning 3 on 12/30 so no other big gift giving occasion til next year

Sounds like my house! Have you considered large (plastic) dump trucks, earth movers etc. that he can play with outside. My boys (just turned 3 and 5 1/2) have gotten a lot of mileage out of theirs. They play with them at home and we take them to the park. Store them outside or even in the trunk of your car.

kristy Guest

Default deleted. posted twice. oops!

oops

Default RE: 2 turning 3 on 12/30 so no other big gift giving occasion til next year

That's a great idea, the more we can get outside the better!

Anyone else have any ideas??

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

how about Tinkertoys?
    there are also is a great set of gears that the preschoolers in the 4 year old class loved...I think its this set:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=imaginarium

hth!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller