Default Tool Toy for 2 year old?

My DS (25 months) loves to take screwdrivers and try to unscrew all his toys. Obviously I cant let him play with real screwdrivers unsupervised, plus I have to stop him before he really gets anything open, so I would really like to find a toy that gives kids the sense that they are "unscrewing" or putting it together with tools- something like that. Does anyone have any ideas?

Amy

Default RE: Tool Toy for 2 year old?

Amy-

There's a great toy out there that would be perfect for your DS...I think it's made by Battat and I've seen them at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. They are "take apart" vehicles - I've seen a train, a Hummer, and a plane although there are probably others. It comes with a battery powered screwdriver that enables the child to unscrew various screws on the vehicle to take it all apart. My MIL has the Hummer at her house and my DS can take it all apart - the wheels even come off! DS totally loves it (he's 2 1/2) and gets it out the second he gets in her door. I will take a look on the web to see if I can find a link so you know exactly what I am talking about. HTH!

Karen
    Mommy to 2 boys