genndan100502 Guest

Default Portable DVD player?

Any recommendations for portable dvd players?

we're planning a trip up north so we're thinking we could use one for car trips, but wouldn't mind taking it on plane trips as well.

TIA!

ak_becky_book Guest

Default RE: Portable DVD player?

No brand to recommend, but I would recommend getting it somewhere like Costco (a place with a fantastic return policy). I have had two DVD players flat out die on me (in various ways). The first one I was able to take back to Walmart, but the second was a couple of days to late and they would not let me return it.

My next one came from Costco (they have a great and long term return policy, no questions asked).

Just a suggestion :-)

Rebecca
    Mom to Samantha
    12/1/02

janettadine Guest

I bought the Panasonic player at Sam's and it's worked great for us. It has a 7" screen, isn't too heavy, and survived a plane trip with an 18 month old. It came with a carrying case and headphones.

My sister bought a cheap one at Target and it's been working pretty good; it only has a 5" screen, but it was less than $100.

Janet

We just bought one at Costco (brand I have never heard of) with a 10" screen. It came with a bag, charger, car charger, and two headsets. Sound and picture were excellent. We paid about $200 after a $50 coupon. We posted something similar prior to our purchase and everyone recommended Costco b/c of their return policy.

HTH
    Karin
    Reagan 1/05

DagnyT Guest

Just bought an Insignia (division of LG) dual screen (7") from Best Buy. Picked this one b/c:

two screens
    player detached from either screen (easiier for parent fumbling!)
    will run on car charger or electricity
    can attach video game (Vsmile in our case)- one child can watch a movie the other can platy the game- or both can play the game

We have done a "test run" all seems OK. Will repost afterour return!! We will travel in all about 2500 miles- via car.

Dag

genndan100502 Guest

I totally forgot about this thread. We went to Hawaii and the plane ride is 5 hours and 30 minutes. I found a Toshiba 8" DVD player which battery lasts for 4 hour at Best Buy for under $200. We love it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134698319584