Default Best train table and train set with storage

I am looking for advise on buying an activity table that is mostly used for a train set. I am interested in something made well that will last through several kids and that has storage capabilities. I know Wal mart has an activity table for $49, but I figure it isn't the best quality. I also don't know which train sets are best to buy, my son doesn't have any train pieces now, so we would be starting from scratch.

Any one love their train table and accessories?

Or any other good ideas for a 2 year birthday gift?

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Best train table and train set with storage

My parents bought the train table at Costco when I was pregnant. They gave it to my son that Christmas - when he was 6 weeks old! It came with tons of track and quite a few train pieces. He played with it as soon as he could pull himself to standing, but got frustrated when the track pieces didn't stay in place. For DS's second birthday my DH secured all the track to the board in a very elaborate, very cool design. He still plays with it EVERY day. It has two storage drawers (with wheels) underneath. They change the train table every year. I think this year's model has a multi-level parking structure. It looks wonderful and DS admires it every time we go to Costco. I think it is under $150 and it is very easy to assemble. BTW, we have mixed some Thomas and Brio track in with no problem and the trains are all compatible as well.

Good luck!

Annemarie
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009