Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    s_gosney Guest

Default RE: What do 3 Year Old Boys and Girls Like?

I agree that board games are good. My dd really likes cariboo, don't break the ice, my first uno, candyland, etc. Definitely art stuff is always a likely hit. I think a little outdoor fun kit could be fun. Throw in some sidewalk chalk, a kite, some bubbles...maybe put them all in a sand pail with a shovel. My dd would love to receive that and it wouldn't cost much.

ETA: books are big hits here too. Not only does dd love to be read to, but she loves to gather all her stuffed animals and dolls and "read to the children"

Good luck!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

For a 3 yo boy:

Anything with wheels - cars, trucks, trains, etc.

For either:

Art/craft supplies - try to make them cleaning friendly :-)

Puzzles - I have found DS1 could do about a 25 piece wooden puzzle at that point. Just make sure they are decent quality as there is nothing more frustrating than a cheap cardboard puzzle that won't stay together.

Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

DS turned three last weekend and received:
    Trains (Thomas)
    Thomas Aquadoodle - big hit
    Sidewalk paint
    Parents' Magazine Doctor Kit - he carried it EVERYWHERE for two days and is still taking our blood pressure

I just had to buy a gift for a three yo friend of his. Thought I hate it, the Disney Princess line is now my go-to gift for girls. I picked up a Disney Priness miniature CD player that comes with three or four disks at Target. Her mother told me it was her favorite gift and she slept with it for days.

Kathleen
    Mommy to Alex
    04/29/04

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here:

Dress-up stuff that is animal related. She has played with the princess stuff at her friends' houses, but for the most part is uninterested in those. She'd much rather dress up like a lamb, pig, bumblebee, etc.

Age-appropriate board games
    Lego
    Books
    Puzzles
    Art stuff
    Those wipe-clean activity books
    Stickers/sticker books

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...ethyst_36m.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/5.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png

I've been having a lot of fun recently making t-shirts for the birthday child. I asked their parents what they wereinto and then did a search to find some images and used editing software to make a cute graphic. I printed it out on iron-on tranfer paper and put it on a shirt - total cost $5 for shirt and $1 for the paper. Both kids I've done it for so far have LOVED it. One got a lego Star Wars shirt and the other got a spiderman shirt with his name on it.

I also got them a book to go with. For the 3 year old, I got a matchbox book that came with a matching car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2