Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Which Sandbox to buy?

Well I wasn't going to do it since my parents live at the beach only 90 minutes from us, but...

Which sandbox do you all use? I was thinking the plastic turtle or crab, but are there advantages to building a frame ourselves?

Are those molded plastic boxes too small? DH can easily build a sandbox with lid if that's a better way to go.

Default RE: Which Sandbox to buy?

We have one from Step2 the naturally playful line, it's a good size and because of it's color, just blends right in ;)

http://www.step2.com/index.cfm?stp2s...roduct_id=1221

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

BethinMass Guest

My husband built the one for our kids. We have a very strange yard that's on a hill, so we had to have kind of a custom size, so it was the best bet for us.
    Nevermind it was an excuse for my husband to get some nifty new tools so it was a win all the way around.
    Worked really well for us, since we could do the size we wanted and could add seats, etc.

raynjen Guest

There is a really good set of (FREE) instructions with illustrations for building your own set on www.familyfun.com just do a search for sandboxes. It has plenty of seating, storage, and a cover...

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

Thanks for the input. We are going to look at them in the next week or so.

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Jeanne-
    I'm hoping I'm not too late, but as I was looking at Colin play in his Little Tikes turtle sand box today, I realized that it is really too small for more than one child (if they're both going to play IN the sandbox at the same time.) So if I were doing it over, I might go with another option which has room for both kids.

HTH,

atlbaby Guest

Default Pamela--Question about your sandbox!

I'm thinking of getting the Step 2 sandbox and was wondering about the size of the box. We have a 4 door car (a Camry), do you think it will fit in the trunk? I'm moving in a month--and will then have a backyard:)--but figure the movers might as well take along one more box! I'm hoping if it can fit in my car I can get it at TRU before Sunday because I have a $10 off $75+ card that expires then!

Thanks!

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
    and Daliya, 10/27/03

Thanks Karen!
    I was wondering that. My girls are so close in age that both of them will be in the box together. I've been putting off buying one simply because we take them to the beach every other week to see the Grandparents. I guess that frame is the right way to go then.
    Thanks again!