Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pljames Guest

Default RE: Swing Set from Walmart??

Hi there again,
    I made a mistake, we paid $1299 for the Sunray (as you mentioned). Our Costco was nearby, so we were able to borrow a pick-up truck and avoid delivery costs. I can imagine that the assembly could be daunting and my husband is admittedly very skilled at such things. However, there is a CD which walks through each of the assemply steps. Maybe you could find someone to help you out, because it takes 2 to assemble. (Even I assisted in the simple tasks like holding things still and tightening bolt--and I am in my 3rd trimester).

You are wise to assess your situation before making such an investment and I hope you can find someone to help you out (Costco does individuals available for assembly--but it may be a cost issue).

Best of luck to you.

pljames Guest

The ones made out of redwood and other solid woods don't have the weight requirements. It depends on your needs. I would recommend a Sunray or Rainbow system, but as you know, they come with a substantial price tag. All said,once you pay for S&H, you're almost halfway there to the price of a simple redwood construction.

vsmommy123 Guest

Thanks so much for your input. The CD might make the difference in us being able to do it ourselves. One more very important question, how many hours did it take to build? Thanks again!

pljames Guest

My husband basically assembled the play structure by himself, with a little help from me and our kids. (There are a few instances where 2 people are required.) He also had to spread out his time over the course of a week (after work). So all in all it took him about 24 hours. With 2 people and on 1 or 2 consecutive days, he thinks it would be much faster.

Regards,
    Lynn

vsmommy123 Guest

Thanks so much for your response. My confidence is building!:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2