Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MomtoAveryAndCamryn Guest

Default Play-A-Round by Cedar Works..Any reviews??

We're thinking of getting this playset.

http://www.playaround-swingsets.com/...etail.php?s=LT

I wanted to see if anyone had any reviews about this and how sturdy it is and how easy it is to put together. The price seems pretty good and it includes shipping. I am assuming that since it's made by Cedar Works, that it should be good quality.

Sara

jmhs0157 Guest

Default RE: Play-A-Round by Cedar Works..Any reviews??

I don't have a review... but I am also really interested in both the PlayARound sets by CedarWorks! Our budget doesn't allow for us to head into Rainbow or CedarWorks territory. But, my hubby loves to build stuff and doesn't mind a good quality set that he could assemble. So, we are looking at the PlayARound sets and the Sunray.

If money were no object, I would go with a CedarWorks set. So I'm thinking that the PlayARound would be a great choice for us as it is made by CedarWorks. But, the Sunray is made by Rainbow so that would also be a good choice.

I would love to get some feedback on the PlayARound...

- Julie

Mom to Ryan (5) and Jack (3)

Funny, we are dealing with the exact same thing!! I thought I had decided on the playaround, but this weekend we were at Costco and I took another peek at the Sunray and we decided that is the one...then by the time I got home I started having second thoughts.

I just can't decide!! Of course I wish I could just buye a Cedarworks regular model and have it installed...DH is NOT very handy. But that doesn't seem to be a possibility at the moment.

Anyone have or has seen a Cedarworks "PlayARound" IRL that could provide any kind of feedback it would be so greatly appreciated! Is it hard to put together?, I have heard that the Sunray can be challenging and takes forever.

Liz

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LOL, it looks like everyone had the same dilemma I did! Those were my top two choices, with a "real" cedarworks being ideal. :) I ended up with the Sunray, so unfortunately, I can't comment on the Play-a-round. I liked the Play-a-round because of the cedar look, but also because it seemed smaller. I realized that it is, but not by much. It's the same length and the width of the base is actually only 2 feet narrower than the Sunray. The deck heights are actually within a couple inches of each other. You all may have figured that out already, but I didn't notice until like the 10th time I compared the sets, so I just thought I'd mention it. :)

The Sunray took my dad and DH 2 days to assemble. My DH isn't too handy, but my dad is. It really wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I think we could have done it pretty easily even if my dad wasn't all that handy. And the kids LOVE it!

HTH,

jmhs0157 Guest

Okay guys... I showed pictures of the PlayaRound Trading Post and Sunray to the guy who will actually be using it. My son likes the Trading Post. Evidently, the gangplank with rope is a deal-breaker for a boy who loves to play pirates. LOL!

Anyway, I called CedarWorks. According to the salesperson, CedarWorks created the PlayaRound line to compete directly with the Sunray and sets offered at Sam's.

I think both the PlayaRound and Sunray are great sets. One big difference that put me in favor of the PlayaRound, however, is assembly. Items such as the rock wall, ramp, slat walls and roof are preassembled. Meaning that all you have to do is attach them once the fort is built.

The downside is that you can't actually see a PlayaRound unless you know someone who has one. Unlike Costco, which is not far from me.

As PlayaRounds are made by CedarWorks and my kid would like a gangplank, I just might be willing to go for it. They back this product like they do their custom playsets. Same warranty and customer service.

Decisions... decisions....

- Julie

Mom to Ryan (5) and Jack (3)

I posted this on another board I visit and here are some of the responses.

"Hi Sara! I bought the "Trading Post" and I'm thrilled with it! The quality is fantastic. The set was delivered on the Friday before Easter and we assembled it the next day. I am very pleased with the playset. I especially liked how many of the pieces were already assembled (ex. picnic table top and benches, fences, ramps, roof and floor panels, etc.). That saved alot of time and aggravation"

"We bought the Trading post one...the bigger one, and it is WONDERFUL! My kids love it! My dh was able to put it together really quickly too. Great purchase!"

I just called today and ordred the smaller one with the toddler swing. So as soon as it comes and we get it put together I can update

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing your update once you receive it and have set it up. Maybe you could take some pics so we could see what it looks like in someone's yard? I always find those IRL pics so helpful! Like many others, we're in the same boat -- I'd love a regular CedarWorks but the price is beyond us, so am contemplating (and contemplating) the Playaround and the SunRay . . .

Anne

rclasco Guest

Cedarworks has a see a set program where they get you in contact with a local owner so you can see a set IRL. Have you called to see if they have the program for the PlayARound sets?

Just an update. We are scheduled to receive our playset on Wednesday of this week. I ordered it April 27th so it's been about 3 weeks.

I will update when we get it put together and take some pictures during and after.

Nina31 Guest

Hi!!
    I don't have any reviews yet, but I can post one as soon as ours arrives. We ordered the Trading Post last week. I haven't seen one IRL, but it looked pretty good online. We thought the price was pretty good also, especially since we received the Cedarworks catalog in the mail today and saw the prices of those huge sets!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast