Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MomtoAveryAndCamryn Guest

Default RE: Play-A-Round by Cedar Works..Any reviews??

Sorry this took me so long to update.

But we got the playset Wednesday. It came on a big truck in 8 big boxes. It had been rainy all week so we waited until Friday to put it together. DH got home from work a little early and he and I started to put it together around 2:30pm or so. With just the 2 of us we got the fort structure put together pretty easily. DH didn't have a drill so with him, so we had to wait for my father to come with that. While we were waiting we put the rings on the swing beam and got that all ready. As soon as my dad came, him and DH worked on it while I kept the kids busy.

I'd say by 6 or 6:30 the fort structure was up, the swing beam was on and the A-frame was put together. 3 year old dd was actually swinging on it while they were working on the ladder, slide, and the walls of the fort and the roof.

Alot of things were already put together like the picnic table top and seat, the roof, the sides, the rockwall had everything but the handholds put on, and the floor.

By the time it was getting dark, everything was done except for the rock wall handholds, the steering wheel and the telescope. We finished those on Saturday morning.

It looks really nice and my oldest dd who is 3.5 is loving it. The swings are nice b/c they curve around her and I think she feels more secure. I also bought the infant/toddler swing for my 9 month old. She loves to swing. The heights of the swings are easy to adjust.

We had lunch outside yesterday on the picnic table, it's big enough for 2 people. Overall I think that the playset is a good size for 2-3 kids, but no more. It's on the smaller side, we got The Lookout, which was the smaller of the 2 b/c our yard is not very big.

DH was really impressed of the quality of it and the price. He didn't think you could get a nice playset for the price we paid.

My photo editing software is not working right now, but I will try to post pics as soon as I can.

MomtoAveryAndCamryn Guest

Nevermind DD's hair, she just woke up and wanted to play LOL

Nina31 Guest

Thanks for the update! It looks great!!

Sara, THANK YOU so much for the pics and describing the set up. It didn't sound too daunting. My friend ordered the premium cedarworks set and paid someone over $500 to have someone install it for her and keeps telling me we'll wish we did the same that it will take us the entire weekend, bla bla bla

anyone else have any advice or helpful tips pertaining to installation?

I'm so excited! we're getting ours delivered tomorrow afternoon!! I will post pics since we bought the other model - the trading post.

well, it arrived yesterday, but DH wasn't able to begin assembly until around 6. He worked until it got dark with a friend and managed to get the two towers built. (approximately 2 hours) Unfortunately, it is going to rain for the next few days - so the rest of the assembly will have to wait. x( (he did the ladders and rock wall in the garage this morning so hopefully when it clears up, the rest of it will be quick)

but, for anyone still pondering the purchase - our first impressions are that the playset is great quality and assembly is easy. We can't wait to get it all together and play.

Kelly

well, it arrived yesterday, but DH wasn't able to begin assembly until around 6. He worked until it got dark with a friend and managed to get the two towers built. (approximately 2 hours) Unfortunately, it is going to rain for the next few days - so the rest of the assembly will have to wait. x( (he did the ladders and rock wall in the garage this morning so hopefully when it clears up, the rest of it will be quick)

but, for anyone still pondering the purchase - our first impressions are that the playset is great quality and assembly is easy. We can't wait to get it all together and play.

Kelly

Good luck with your installation! I can't wait to see pix of the trading post! I spent the last two nights carefully planning and designing a custom cedar works playset, but it is so costly!! I can't seem to get all of the things on the Trading Post (fire pole, rope ladder, 4x6 fort, ramp, rock wall) on a regular playset for any less than $3500. Dh keeps saying it's too much.

Soooo, I think we are going to go with the Trading Post too. Looking forward to your pictures, darn this rain.

Liz

Nina31 Guest

Hi again!
    We got our Trading Post yesterday- but it's raining now so we can't put it up yet. Everything is complete and it came in nine boxes. It took over three weeks to get here.

In case anyone is interested, the age range for the playset is 3-12 (written on the swing beam) and the weight limits (written in the warranty.) are as follows:
    swing area: 200 lbs for single user; 320 max for total load
    play deck area: 250 lbs for single user; 1,000 max load

HTHs,

dules Guest

Thanks all for the info and pics! I was just leaning towards the larger of the two sets until I saw the weight load. We just went to Rainbow today and I was totally freaking out that the decks swayed and creaked under my feet (I'm about 180 lbs, eek, 25 over my ideal), with just me and 30 lbs DD up there. Add DH and all I wanted to do was get OFF. :)

So, I'm thinking the Cedarworks regular set will be for us. Luckily FIL is picking up most of the tab but it's embarrassing how expensive it is. lol.

Again, great info, thank you soooo much!

Best,
    Mary

It's been set up now since Sunday and we are all SUPER pleased with it! Just as dh was tighting the last screw, our neighbors grandchildren came peeking around the corner...so we invited them over and let them give it a test drive. My boys were so excited to have kids to play with and I was very excited to see the older kids having as much fun as the younger ones. I can't imagine my boys out growing this set anytime soon.

For some reason, I can't attach pictures, but I have a few pictures of the set here at the following url.

If anyone is contemplating this set, I'd be happy to take more detailed pictures or answer any questions - or if you're in Massachusetts and want to see it for yourself- then, just ask.

http://ournewswingset.shutterfly.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast