Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    rwf Guest

Default RE: Play-A-Round by Cedar Works..Any reviews??

How long did it take to put together? What other sets did you consider before this one? I think this looks like a great set with lots of features. We have two boys, 3 and 6, how old are your children? What do they like to do on it?

Just some questions I had.

Thanks!

my boys are 3 and 19 months. Because of rain, assembly was done in sections, but I'd guess that if it were uninterrupted it would take 2 people 6-7 hours to assemble completely. Aside from putting the two basic tower structures together, my husband finished the rest by himself. He said that it was really very easy assembly.

We looked at the set sold at BJs, the Sunray at Costco, premium cedarworks sets and settled on this one because we like the natural cedar look, but couldn't afford premium cedarworks and we really loved the two tower design and the accessories the trading post came with. It offers alot of different opportunities for pretend play. My oldest has an incredible imagination and I love hearing all the scenarios he creates on the playset.

The only thing we wish were different is that we would have preferred that the smaller tower was slightly bigger. (maybe 4x4 instead of 4x2)

I'd have to say that the big fort is the most used feature. It's 4x6 (the entire family- all 4 of us fit comfortably up there) my boys love the 3 different ways to climb up it, rope ladder, traditional ladder and rock wall. My son is totally into pirates and he loves the telescope. My guys are fearless at the playground. The higher, faster the slide - the more they loved it... and this slide didn't disappoint because it is really fast. They love zipping down it. The picnic table is awesome too.

We're having my 6 and 7 year old niece and nephew over this weekend. As long as its not raining, I'll let you know what an older child thinks of the set.

rwf Guest

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate the input. Hope your niece and nephew have fun too.

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm very close to ordering this system (the Trading Post) and would love to hear from more folks with firsthand experience with it. Thanks.
    ~Bill

rwf Guest

We ordered a play-a-round set in July and are still putting it together. Not due to the difficulty of the project, but rather our lack of time. However, as people who rarely do anything ourselves, the set is not too bad. So, since it is not totally complete, I do not have a full review yet, but a few comments.

My main complaint is that I wish the swings were spaced farther apart. They seem close to the forts and each other. Some kids have collided when they accidentally start to go crooked. If I had realized this, it may have been signigicant enough that I would not have gotten the playset. Although, there really wouldn't have been a budget friendly alternative so that may not be true. Just thought I would let you know. The swings are no closer together than they would be on the Costco Sunray.

Other than that, I think the set is a lot of fun. The kids love the two fort system and once it is totally complete, I think that will be their favorite part. No other playsets around have two forts. Granted the one is very small, but still usable.

I will let you know more when I have more information.

Thanks for the input - I look forward to hearing more. :)
    ~Bill

momof4 Guest

Hi:

Just wanted to let you all know that I was considering this swingset for my kids ages 8, 6, 4, 2, and I found out that you cannot add any components to it. A glider cannot be added and a tire swing cannot be added under the fort. With the rounded swing beam, your options are limited. For me, that put this one out of the running--I am looking for something they can all play on with their friends, at the same time! Looking at the Costco Sunray 2006. Any opinions?

We just got our Play-Around Trading Post and my dad and I put it up over the weekend - so far we are very pleased with it.
    ~Bill

rwf Guest

Well, we finished the playset a month ago and the kids really do like it. I can't say enough about the two fort system because it enables so many more kids to play on the set, as well as interact between the forts. In the end, I am glad we purchased this set because I like the lack of maintenance, and the uniqueness of it--not another Rainbow set (although the kids do love those). I also think the set works well for different ages. Our 3 and 6 year olds love it, and will continue to for a number of years.

I AM SO HEARTBROKEN! I have been considering ap play-a-round set for 6+ months. We are finally ready to order and they arent making them anymore :(

SAHMommie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast