MaryM is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Window Guards for Casement Windows

Anybody know where I can purchase window safety guards for casement windows. (they crank open like a book) All our upstairs windows are casements, and I feel frustrated that I know about the need for safety, and yet I can't find any products anywhere for this type of window. A babyproofer company came in for a free consultation, and said we could only order them through him. Regarding children's safety, I just find that hard to believe a product could be so hard to locate. Any direction someone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    MaryM

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Window Guards for Casement Windows

Casement windows are the ones that slide up and down so the open part is at the bottom? If that's the case then this product might work for you:
    http://www.totsafe.com/proddetail.as...003%2D2&cat=16
    It's called the Window Wedge. I have seen it on a couple of sites. Hth!

ETA: just saw your post was from several months ago...I hope you found something in the mean time. Maybe this will help someone else. :)

ajweeks Guest

This is exactly what I'm looking for! We have double hung windows and I opened the top part a bit the other day and my 3 yr. old son opened the bottom part wide enough to pull out the screen (they aren't in that tight). It freaked me out! He could have fallen out the window! So now I'm looking for something to make his windows safer when we do want to open them--for now they are back closed and locked, but he is a crafty little boy and I'm sure he'll figure out how to unlock them soon.

Does anyone have experience with these window wedges? Do they really work well?

Thanks.

MaryM is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

I'v made some slow progress in checking where to buy reliable window guards for different style windows. I've recently contacted a place that sells various types on their website. They were referenced on Good morning America as well, so I assume from that, that it's pretty reliable. When I called the company and asked why so few people know where to buy such products, they commented that they're just now beginning to increase awareness. Anyway - for all interested, pls. check out the following website for your info, and ordering for both casement and doublehung windows.
    www.angelguards.com

MaryM