juliajaj Guest

Default Refrigerator Latch

What type of refrigerator latch/lock do you recommend? I just bought the Safety First multipurpose latch/lock, but the adhesive doesn't seem to be strong enough & the latch strap should be a little longer to attach to the refrigerator door (it seems like it's stretching now). Thanks.

luvbeinmama Guest

Default RE: Refrigerator Latch

I have what is basically a nylon strap & buckle taped onto the door and the side it works just fine. It's the last item with a picture on this page: http://www.totalchildsafety.com/tota...dept%5Fid=3010

HTH!

lizanov15 Guest

Hi,
    This might be a dumb question, but why would anyone need a refridgerator strap? Is this to keep the toddler from taking things out of the fridge? Is the refridgerator dangerous for toddlers? DD at 22mo hasn't figured out how to open ours, but even if she did, there's not that much in there that would be harmful to her.

Just curious.

luvbeinmama Guest

Well, you don't need one until she can open the door. Then you need one unless you want to be chilling the entire kitchen constantly! And, yes, if you have an adventurous and imaginative toddler, you know what can happen if they decide there is room and climb on in and the door closes. Believe me, the couple dollars spent on a strap are well worth it. You will at least save that much in electricity costs! LOL!