Default Themes and ideas for a first birthday....

Hey all,

I know I am nuts to start planning this now but ... well, I'm nuts! Ryan's first b'day is in February and I had to make the party on V-day as my in-laws can't be here the next weekend for his actual b'day so.... any good ideas for themes or party favors and activities?

I was thinking of a winter wonderland theme (making snowmen for the tables etc..) or a space theme (as Ryan's theme is stars and moons) because I REALLY don't want a v-day theme as it is too girly. The kids that will be there are between 6mo-3yrs old and I was going to get a music guy to entertain them as well as putting on elmo dvd's and setting up a playspace.

Any other ideas or places to get good stuff (favors and decorations) other than Oriental Trader?

Karen
    (Ryan 2-17-03)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Themes and ideas for a first birthday....

I love the Birthday Express catalog and website - they have ever character and generic theme you can imagine and you can order items a la carte. There are usually some coupon deals on flamingoworld.com for birthdayexpress.com. Just order at least a month in advance to be on the safe side but they have been very good to deal with. Good luck and enjoy Ryan's first birthday!
    -Lauren

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default RE: Themes and ideas for a first birthday....

Karen, I'm pecking the keyboard t is asleep on shoulder so please excuse typing...we too are already planning t's b-day in feb with frogs!!!!!

But i got the most adorable image of a cupid...little chubby naked boy with wings, while reading your post...i actually don't think of it as girlie as much as a little boy. I guess i'd just hate to see you discount it if that is your only concern...

keep us posted!!!
    Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties