laurajaney Guest

Default Reschedule or not?

I just discovered DS's 3rd bday party (in March) is scheduled for the same time as one of his classmates's. I'm having a really tough time finding an alternate venue/activity that
    1) isn't booked or
    2) doesn't conflict with another bday party or
    3) doesn't conflict with DS's naptime.
    As it makes no sense to reschedule from one conflicting party to another, the only place I have any latitude would be with DS's nap. I just feel like it's his party so it should be at a time that is good for him, not at a time that I have to wake him up from his nap. I'm being very flexible on dates, (I'm pretty much open to any time during March) and openminded about locations, but I'm striking out.

The other mom said not to change our party on her account. Should I just stick with what I've got?

WWYD?
    Thanks!
    Laura

luvbeinmama Guest

Default RE: Reschedule or not?

For me, I think it would depend on a) the ease of changing the time/day and b) are all the invitees classmates that would also be invited to the other party thus having the classmates all have to choose between parties? I would NOT do the party during naptime. Period. Bad, bad choice. You do NOT want to encourage meltdown at the party. Can you invite other friends and a couple really good friends from class? Then perhaps you can bring cupcakes to class on the actual day for a small celebration there with classmates?

If you can, I would stick with what you have. She obviously isn't going to change her party on your account, either. HTH.

laurajaney Guest

Thanks for the input!

Resheduling/relocating has not been working out. I think I'm just going to stick with what I have. All classmates will be invited to both parties, so yes, they will have to choose. She's having a nationally-known singer at hers ($$$?!). Mine is at an indoor playground, so I can't compete with that. I know his best friend in the class will come to ours, but everyone else...?

Laura
    DS 3/02 & DS 4/04

masetane Guest

Oh yikes. You know, that happened once to me (people did not know each other though) so I just went to one for half the time and the ther for the other half. Is it feeling awkward to have people choose? Will your son be disappointed if some people did not come? Will the friends talk about it in school and possibly lead to hurt feelings. Well, I guess if it was me - I would probably do a small celebration and then change the date so everyone could come. That is just my thoughts as I know my daughter would be disappointed if some people didn't come.
    Sorry you have to go through all this! :(
    Caroline
    http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
    Isabelle 10/1/00
    Nicholas 2/27/03

laurajaney Guest

I'm nuts. As if this should be my biggest concern. But I did change it.

Thanks!!
    :-)