niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Birthday Party Favours

If at the beginning of the party I give out construction hat, apron, name badge and plastic tools (all from dollar store or oriental trading), total cost less than $5, do I still need to do a goody bag when they leave? I don't want to be stingy, nor do I want to appear too generous (we can afford more things than some friends). I was going to write names on things, so hopefully the kids don't lose anything - but that may cause their own fights too.

Default RE: Birthday Party Favours

No. I think those are enough. Maybe get a bag for each kid so they can take home their loot easily. You can get paper lunch bags for cheap and write each childs name on it.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I go way overboard. I would get a goody bag, too, but that said, it is unnecessary. I think what you're already doing should be considered the goody bag, but I agree that maybe what you could do is provide a bag to put the loot into. How about standard sized gift bags in different colors from Target? If you want to do more, then how about a treat or sheet of stickers inside each bag, as well?

I also tend to go way overboard, but even to me, that sounds like plenty and some great goodies! Just a cheapo bag to take it all home in would be cute. I like the idea of paper bags with their names on them. You'd probably need store-size bags for all that loot though!

Debbie
    http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

A bag is a great idea - I'll check out the dollar store. I'm going to get a sheet of stickers in construction theme from oriental trading - it has a background scene and stickers to decorate- it'll be one of the activities. Have to love Oriental Trading - and this time I'm organized enough to do cheapest shipping.

I think that is plenty. If you want to do more, a cute sugar cookie you make in an appropriate theme shape would be great, too.