I'm VERY glad to hear that these classes are mostly instructor dependent. We just had a poor experience with a Kindermusik class (0-18 months). According to the pamphlet about the class the instructor would "tailor the instruction to the individual child." We spent most of the time hoisting our children around - I felt like I was in an Aerobics class for myself and not a music class for my daughter. I was literally sweating when we left. My daughter and the other walker were not given time to do any walking around or dancing. The instructor was disorganized, late starting the class, and had to keep refering to one of the moms in the group as to how songs or dances went. I thought that there would be a lot more child participation with the kids using age appropriate instruments. Right now I feel like we learn more about music and dancing at home when we listen to our CD's and jig around the kitchen, and that doesn't cost $181.00! I am willing to try again at some point in the future now that I've heard some success stories!