mamahill Guest

Default We did it! First day of class!

Ok, first of all it was a Mom&Toddler class, so I was there the whole time. It was 9-noon, so I was a little concerned about the 3-hour length, but that proved to not be a problem. We had a FABULOUS time.

Is it lame that as I drove into the parking lot and saw kids filing in from the play area that I got a lump in my throat? Or that as we walked into the classroom and saw the tiny tables and chairs that I had to fight from tearing up? Good heavens, I KNEW I was going to be there the whole time. I guess the reality that my baby isn't so much a baby anymore just really hit and I was just so happy.

The teacher is really great with the kids and we had project time (making placemats), indoor play time, outdoor play time (half of the class, while the other half stayed inside for discussion time - obviously the parents), snack time, circle time (songs/stories), discussion time, final circle time, and then goodbye time. Discussion time is for parents to talk about different topics and we divide into two groups so that there are a) smaller groups, and b) half of the parents still available to watch the kids outside in case they don't want to play quietly through discussion time.

I really enjoyed the other mothers and the teacher handed out our schedule so we could see the upcoming projects and I'm so excited! Anyway, I just wanted to share what a great time we had. Of course Ainsleigh WAILED when we had to leave. I am looking forward to Thursday when we go back for "Movement Magic" (dancing/activities) for an hour and a half. Oh, and it's all done through the adult school, in case anyone wanted to check out their local establishment. Woohoo!

ps - and I have a woman interested in cding! i consider it a successful day!

luvbeinmama Guest

Default RE: We did it! First day of class!

Sounds like you signed up for a really nice class! The discussion time is really great. I'm so glad it was such a wonderful experience for you & Ainsleigh. Yay! :D

brubeck Guest

That's so great Sarah! I'm glad that you and Ainsleigh had such a good time!

Welcome to the world of preschooling!

mattiew Guest

How did you find out about this class??? It sounds fun!

Carrie

mamahill Guest

It's through our city's adult school. We get mailers for the local adult school and community college, and there are some great classes in there. The state subsidizes part of it, so it's a pretty good deal. I actually found out about it through friends, though. Up until then I always chucked that stuff because I figured I already had a degree... just goes to show education should never stop!