I have a question for all you moms (dads) who send their kids to preschool. After we move this summer, I'll be sending Arielle to two weeks of "camp" at the same preschool where she will be going 5 days/week this fall. Both camp and school will be from (9am-1pm). It'll be her first time in a seperated program, although for over a year I've been doing Mommy&Me programs that mimic the preschool day (just 1.5 hours, though). They allow sippy cups, but only at snack time (and they try to get the kids to drink from cups). By now Arielle CAN drink from a cup, but she LOVES her water sippy (or milk sippy, though we're always working on cutting back). It's definitely a comfort thing for her, and she likes to have a water sippy around her. Now I don't know the policy on sippies from this new school, but I'd bet they don't like the kids to have them around (she'll be in the Young 3s class). I don't even know if they're allowed at snack time/lunch time! Since we'll just have moved I expect her to be wanting her comfort items more than normal. Should I try to "wean" her from the water sippies now, before we move? Or should I try to see if she can bring one along and let the teachers deal with getting her to put it away until snack/lunch? It may sound like a silly concern, but we're very attached to sippies here and I just fear for the whole upcoming move AND seperated school issues this summer and don't want to traumatize her!:)

Thanks!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03