Last year we had a little parent-child toddler class that met weekly for an hour and a half. Colin and I both enjoyed it. Unfortunately, they don't have the same thing for 2 year olds. Instead, I can enroll him in the co-op pre-school's 2 y.o. class. It also meets once a week for an hour and a half. The main difference seems to be that while parents are expected to help in the class on a regular basis, they also have the option of leaving when it's not their turn to help. Also, parents are required to volunteer in the managment of the school on a regular basis.

On paper, the volunteer committments outside of attending class seem like a lot for a one day a week class. What has your experience been? When you're a part of a co-op preschool, does it take a lot of extra time? I guess I would be a little more willing to jump in and commit except for the fact that we've already sort of planned to send Colin to a different pre-school once he hits 3. This would just be a "toddler group alternative" for us for the year.

Any other thoughts about the pros/cons of a co-op?

TIA,